• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Arc Mania Mega Extreme II SST-50

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD to Henk_Lu, thank you!
Here's a sale I'm sure to :banghead: and wonder later why I did it.
Also, in full disclosure, I may withdraw this ad if some of my other items sell first.

Purchased here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/274493

Need to free up funds and this is the one that frees up the most funds the fastest, I guess that's the price of the :takeit: game. Hard lesson I'm learning.

This is the light only, no case, no battery. Oh and I just have to keep the orange lanyard that Toby included, a little momento for me to prove I once owned it.

Asking $375 to US.

4629525502_28d83f3fb2_o.jpg

4629525594_816294c630_o.jpg

4628924521_2688a687d3_o.jpg

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SPF: Arc Mania Mega Extreme II SST-50

PM replied and :paypal: !

Man, this pocket rocket made a detour over the atlantic ocean, to get from Germany to me in Luxembourg... :poke:

I know this won't have the full 650 Lumen on a single IMR 16340, but I'm curious how it will look against the EDC SST-50 (whichis 4500K however). Mike's lights are always driven cery hard and are very bright with clean beams!

Thanks Lisa for this pocket rocket! :twothumbs

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the light today! :twothumbs

Highly nice the little pocket thrower, its brightness is like I imagined...

There's one thing I have to find out though, why the light flickers once about 3 seconds after the start on all modes? I experienced the same with the Mega Micro III on a primary, the phenomenon disappeared with a li-ion. Here I use an IMR (the measured draw on a fresh cell is 1,5A and this would be on the edge for a li-ion) and it flickers each time, same with a li-ion. I asked Mike already what it is, waiting for an answer, perhaps somebody knows here?

Thanks for the light, Lisa! :cool:

EDIT : Mike answered me the following about the blinking : The converter in the ME II will blink in all levels as the converter will calibrate the brightness to ensure that you get the correct brightness in all levels without any tolerance. The blink indicates that the level you turned on to has set. This may happen a couple times when the battery is changed and should stop. This is normal.

That sounds reasonable...

Last edited:

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to know your thoughts too as to which is brighter. It's probably one of those too hard to isolate differences questions.

I'm sure glad it arrived safely though, that's always a worry.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, which is brighter? I'd need a sphere to answer that question, but why care about the total output, it's only a number! :drool:

We start with a 6500K in the ME II and a 4500K in the EDC, so the ME II has an advantage in terms of brightness, for me the EDC has an advantage because I preffer its tint, I definetely like it warmer. Then the EDC has a small head, offering mainly flood, the ME II has a defined hotspot, quite bright.

So, if I compare, I come to the conclusion that it is useless, these lights aren't direct opponents. To answer the brightness question after all, I think the EDC would have more output if we used the same emitter.

It's difficult to guess Lumen, nobody knows the output of the EDC. So, I took the Olight M20 Warrior Titanium for a comparison, that one should have 500 Lumen according to Olight, our OTF guesses on CPF are 350+. Well, the ME II is a bit less bright... :eek:

I learned that also in flashlight world, there are no miracles. A 16340 is a small cell and with the same emitter, all serious custom manufacturers get about the same brightness out of that cell. To get more output, you need a bigger cell! :sigh:

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put myself into analysis paralysis every time I try to figure out which light is brighter, there are just so many variables.
One thing about that Arc mania is just how smooth the anodize is on it, it has a great finish on it, and what's not to like about a SST-50 emitter.

Enjoy!
Lisa

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put myself into analysis paralysis every time I try to figure out which light is brighter, there are just so many variables.
One thing about that Arc mania is just how smooth the anodize is on it, it has a great finish on it, and what's not to like about a SST-50 emitter.

Enjoy!
Lisa

The smooth ano is the first thing I noticed, taking the light in my hand! I don't have another light with such an anodization, it's almost like if it was painted! Well, second thing I noticed was the color mismatch of the tail and the o-ring being not thick enough... :whistle:

I'm terrible, I know, I discover everything, good and bad. There's also preflash, at least you see it well on low, on medium it looks like flickering.

As for the brightness comparison to the M20 Titanium, I had to repeat it, I just checked the cell, it was at 3.0V! With a fresh cell, the M20 is still brighter in the hotspot, but the beam is narrower and the spill of the ME II is brighter. Let's say the output is about the same and as the M20 also runs on 2 fresh 16340 IMR, let's also say it puts out 400 Lumen! :p

I'm enjoying, don't worry!!! lovecpf