LD01 switching/ blinking for no reason???

airsickness

Newly Enlightened
Recently My Fenix LD01 stated switching/blinking from med,low, high when I turn it on. At first I thought it was a low battery so I changed it. Still, when I turn it on it keeps running through med,low,high...med,low,high...
Any thoughts?
Kenny

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
First thing I'd do is make sure the switch innards are well seated in the tail cap. I'd bet they are loose. After that a good cleaning of all contacts couldn't hurt.

Geoff

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the threads for metal. There might be a stray piece that is making/breaking contact, and causing the light to "disco."

Dark Laser

Newly Enlightened
Have you already cleaned the contacts on the (driver ?) board in the head? There is a chance that some grease etc. found its way on there.

My brother's LD01 had the same issue.

Narcosynthesis

Newly Enlightened
it sounds like it isn't screwing down smoothly, so is intermittently making contact while you screw it down which would cause it to flicker and switch modes.

The solution to that is to give it a good clean - clean the contacts on the circuit board exposed at the head, and then the threads and contact points on both the head and body to get rid of any muck or grit that could be impacting it.