Fireworm F1 - A Titanium P60 Host

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always favor P60 hosts. Simply for the reason that LED technology has similar bad habits as computers, just when you thought you have bought the most wicked and latest light out there, out pops a newer one before your hand has time to warm the light. So for a P60 host, this gives me great upgradability in using the latest LED without having to buy a whole new light.

While I love my Surefire C2 and titanium lights, I have not found a marriage of the two, ie a titanium P60 host. I mean, why not? It can last for years with its upgradeable feature and having that tough titanium endoskeleton.

The only Ti P60 host I came across is the Seraph Titanium, there might be more out there but they're probably not within my reach, physically and price-wise. I have contemplated the Seraph for some time and has just about to pull the trigger when a new Titanium P60 host turned up. I'm surprised it has managed to stay below CPF's radar (ok, I'm shock in fact :eek:oo:), but I guess now's a time as good as any to do the "ta-dah!"

It is Fireworm F1. It's a brand I'm not familiar with, but battery experts will certainly know it. I can't find much information about them, just that they manufacture batteries and holsters. And of course, now lights. Without further adieu, here're the images.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0014-1.jpg

IMG_0017-1.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0022-2.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

img375.jpg

Now, before you shout "6P clone! 6P clone!", please kindly refrain the urge because I've already done that. :D
After much shouting and jumping around with indignation, I have shamelessly bought it anyway since it's a, yes you got it, a TITANIUM P60 HOST. Ta-dah! :party:

Manufacturer's specifications
Cree R2 LED module, max 230lumens
Machined from Titanium, durable and reliable
Ultra-Clear Impact-resistant optical lens
4 Modes operation with last mode memory:
Hi - 230, Mid - 70, Low - 10, Strobe - 230
High efficient Smooth reflector, beam throw distance up to 200 meters
Operation voltage 3.7v - 8.4v with battery polarity protection
Powered by 1x 18650 or 1x CR123A battery
Runtime 2.2hrs for 18650/1.5hrs for 2x CR123A
Click end cap On Off switch with momentary-on function
Tail stand can act as candle
Water and Impact resistant

Upon trying out the light, these are my opinions,

:thumbsdow Cons
- 6P clone! 6P clone!
- Head thread doesn't come with o-ring. duh?
- Knurling does not feel as aggressive as it looks
- Drop-in has strobe as part of the UI
- Using R2 (XP-E) instead of (ok everyone together now) R5!
- No neutral option, but hey, since it's a drop-in....
- Comes serialized if you're from the I-want-no-marking camp

:thumbsup: Pros
- Comes with goodies, not sure if it differs from other sellers; 1 Fireworm holster, 2 Fireworm CR123 batteries, 2 spare rings (I'd consider one since they didn't install for the head).
- Can take 2xCR123 and 18650 since a battery holder for the slimmer CR123 is included. And here I was thinking the drop-in rattles when it first arrived.
- Can tail-stand with it's 3 prong tailcap
- Metal switch button (not sure if it's ti too)
- Very good tactile feedback (note: subjective, so please don't come throwing tomatoes at me if you don't find it so)
- Titanium bezel
- Good throw, I mean the beam. Well, it's also a good throwing weapon I guess.
- Good semi-brass heatsink, not Malkoff definitely, but halfway.
- Affordable if you're used to Ti lights' prices.
- Comes serialized if you're from oooo-I-love-serial-numbers camp

As far as I'm concerned, the F1 is value for money. Now, all I need is someone who can give me a Ti clip and some milling for trits and I'm all set.

Oh, Fireworm also happened to have another 2 Titanium lights, one using CR2 and another is a headlamp that er... looks suspiciously like another brand's.

Last edited:

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Z, I just looked this over too. Glad you checked one out for us & posted impressions. Nice overview.

They have a little CR2 in ti that looks interesting also.

I think they were 115 on the khequipment site, close to ebay?

Good pics too, nice light. A titanium 6p clone is a "con":p?

I think I'd have to polish off the "Fireworm" part though. Some of the names the Chinese come up with...

seahunt

Enlightened
Hello!
Why a 'con' ? Not sure I understand your comment.
Seem kinda expensive for the features.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Hello!
Why a 'con' ? Not sure I understand your comment.

From a purist point of view, clones are disapproved of because they are copies of other manufacturer's concepts and as such constitute intellectual theft or fraud.

Considering that there are already so many other lights around based on the Surefire 6P design and proportions though, one more is not going to make much difference.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
easilyled said it.

I meant it as part jest and part anguish. If they have the expertise to manufacture a titanium host, why not just spend a little more effort to design it differently. :ohgeez:

seahunt

Enlightened
"I see, said the rookie!"
Prices do not seem appropriate for company new in market,
with no history, basically an unknown entity.
Early adopters beware (comment to self!)
lovecpf

easilyled

Flashaholic
"I see, said the rookie!"
Prices do not seem appropriate for company new in market,
with no history, basically an unknown entity.
Early adopters beware (comment to self!)
lovecpf

Well, you'd be hard pressed to find a Ti light of that size for less money anywhere.

It would be interesting to be able to analyze the composition of the Ti alloy though.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
easilyled said it.

I meant it as part jest and part anguish. If they have the expertise to manufacture a titanium host, why not just spend a little more effort to design it differently. :ohgeez:

Don't know if you can tell, but any idea what the composition is in terms of alloy?

I like the looks of this clone better than the Solar Force, any thoughts if you'd handled one of those & vs a regular 6p?

The less agressive knurling looks good imo. I actually prefer the r2 & smo reflector, so it has a little more appeal to me

Any regrets at all?

Thanks.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clone or no clone, this is a winner for me simply for it's function and material. Not sure what Ti grade, unless I have a Ti meter ;). If it can survive scratches, drops and corrosion better than aluminum, it's fine by me.

I think it's kind of hard to compare to Solarforce L2/L2P and Surefire 6P since it's material and feel already put it into another category. But I can tell you the tailcap gave me a pleasant surprise when it arrived, it's an obvious difference to L2 and 6P that I feel is really an added advantage to the other 2; it has a forward clicky and can tailstand.

Regrets? At that price, none.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Thanks, that's just the kind of detailed feedback I was looking for.

It looks like a good light for those that want a quality ti p60 host at a bargain price.

You keeping the Wormfire on it?:devil: Still cracks me up.

edit; And yeah, the headlamp was a bit more than suspicious of another brands. But it is a great design. Wonder how the headlamp is?

The CR2 would make an intersting mule & is already slotted for trits as a bonus. Bad UI level settings in my opinion though. Could be made into a little pocket rocket with the smo reflector & a different dirver.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Thanks, that's just the kind of detailed feedback I was looking for.

It looks like a good light for those that want a quality ti p60 host at a bargain price.

You keeping the Wormfire on it?:devil: Still cracks me up.

One idea would be to scotchbrite out the "Fireworm" and then have one's name custom engraved in the oval plaque instead.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
My other medium-size titanium lights (e.g., Jet Beam) are very heavy. How's the weight of this one?

Can't seem to find the official weight of this, not even on Fireworm's website. I've a feeling it's lighter than Jetbeam since JB has chunky parts, especially models with rotary switch (TC-R3). But er, don't take my word for it ok? :whistle:

Thanks for sharing your find with us Zeruel. :thumbsup:

;)

bspofford

Enlightened
I own a lot of JetBeam lights, but the TC-R3 is heavy enough to be a "door stop" queen. It is just too heavy to carry, so I don't use it. Is your subjective estimate of the weight of this light any different from an aluminum clone?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can feel it's heavier, but not by a huge margin. Sounds like the TC-R3 is the way I describe most stainless steel lights. :duh2:

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
;)
One idea would be to scotchbrite out the "Fireworm" and then have one's name custom engraved in the oval plaque instead.

Exactly what I was thinking. The finish overall looks pretty tastefully done, no overblown taktical bezel nonsense, but enough to allow light out.
Ti lights can feel a little on the slick side, but I like the more subdued knurling.

Wonder how it would look with one of the narrow Malkoff optics in it with an r2...

One other note on the odd coding of some of the Chinese manufacturers, the Jetbeam TCR3 listed as T4 is actually the good 6/4 stuff used in bike frames. There were some reports of inferior blends of ti for marketing purposes by some of the manufactures. That was my only interest.

Don't think a slightly different comp would make any differnce in corrosion resistance etc. Possibly just slightly heavier. FeTi was the reference I'd heard of the cheaper stuff.

The wormfire looks like a winner glad someone pulled the trigger on it.

Maybe engrave a nightime morel hunting session on that oval plaque.:thumbsup:

Might make a good weapons light, but a little on the heavy side I imagine.