Jetbeam RRT-3 to much to ask for

Bronze

Newly Enlightened
Is it possible to get a smooth reflector for rapter 3 and yes a head that could be adjusted from spot to flood is that to much to ask for. LOL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought they came with the smooth reflector i know mine did.

daguy80

Newly Enlightened
Does the smooth reflector in the RRT-3 fit the M2S. I wanted to increase the throw of my M2S.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible to get a smooth reflector for rapter 3 and yes a head that could be adjusted from spot to flood is that to much to ask for. LOL

The RRT3 does come with a smooth reflector... At least the ones I've seen.

Patriot

Flashaholic

Bronze, could you point us to the pictures you've been looking at that show the light with a non-smooth reflector?

As for the focusing, like most lights it's only going to focus in one spot. Everything else will serve to defocusing the light. It comes pre-focused.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess is that you are looking for a focusing (spot to flood) similar to the M@G. Its doubtful Olight will make just a focusing head for the RRT-3 and even if they did, the light would probably need to be redisigned.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also doubt Olight will make it since Jetbeam makes the RRT-3.
My guess is that you are looking for a focusing (spot to flood) similar to the M@G. Its doubtful Olight will make just a focusing head for the RRT-3 and even if they did, the light would probably need to be redisigned.

Bronze

Newly Enlightened
Yes I know that OLIGHT makes the M21 I have one and was just wandering if they may come out with a smooth reflecter to play with I also was thinking of geting a jetbeam RRT-3 but I had seen that a couple of guys had recieved thiers and said they exspected more throw ,plus I like the fact that I could carri this light in a holster when I go to the mountains (blackbear) So I was just thinking if their was a way we could increase it's throw abillity as fare as the lens on the RRT-3 I thought it came with the OP reflecter my bad.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I know that OLIGHT makes the M21 I have one and was just wandering if they may come out with a smooth reflecter to play with I also was thinking of geting a jetbeam RRT-3 but I had seen that a couple of guys had recieved thiers and said they exspected more throw ,plus I like the fact that I could carri this light in a holster when I go to the mountains (blackbear) So I was just thinking if their was a way we could increase it's throw abillity as fare as the lens on the RRT-3 I thought it came with the OP reflecter my bad.

the SST series LED based lights won't be throwers without extremely large reflectors. This is because of a lower surface brightness compared to and XR-E LED.

The RRT3 comes pre-focused for as much throw as possible in a relatively small reflector. Also, focusing (actually, de-focusing) systems for lights are inefficient and generally leave a hole in the center of the beam.

If you want more flood, find some diffuser material and make a home-brew diffuser.

Bronze

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know when some of the guys might be able to test the SST-R I'm so tired of these companies not being completely truthfull of their emiter and OTF lumins I still realy like my M21 but I was dissapointed when I found out the numbers are not what OLIGHT was claiming. GO FLYERS