Drop in for Maglite 2D wanted

Bigstrapper

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,
this is my first post. I've always been facinated by flashlights. Especially lately since there are so many high powered/compact lights out there. Anyway, I have a few Maglite 2 D cell lights that I want to make brighter. Can you give me an idea of who makes quality drop ins with heatsinks for these lights? Or direct me to some posts that show the manufacturers of these drop ins? I'm sure that in time that I'll be buying my own tools to do the mods but for now, I'd like to find someone who has them made for me. Thanks, Bob

Bigstrapper

Newly Enlightened
Thank you PCC, that's what I was looking for! The Malkoff drop ins look "top shelf."

ama230

Enlightened
I have a drop in that replaces the stock reflector and you just tighten the head all the way down as tight as it will go. Also its 600plus lumens of pure white light that will not heat up. I will sell it to you for 40 shipped in the us.

Over sized images Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

RandolphCarter

Newly Enlightened
I have a drop in that replaces the stock reflector and you just tighten the head all the way down as tight as it will go. Also its 600plus lumens of pure white light that will not heat up. I will sell it to you for 40 shipped in the us.

Over sized images Deleted

Hi, do you have any info on your drop-in you will share, please? Thank you!

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can buy that 600lumen drop-in that ama230 is talking about for $23 delivered from ebay

I've got one coming in the mail just out of curiosity as I've never seen a mag specific showerhead before.

When it comes I'll post a new thread with some beam shots/runtime compared to a SSC P7 drop-in I've got.

Last edited:

RandolphCarter

Newly Enlightened
Hi Jash,

Thank you! Could you please list a description of the 600lumen drop-in for the Maglite you mentioned can be found on ebay for $23, please. I searched ebay under several search terms and couldn't find anything other than the TerraLux, NiteIze and original Maglite upgrade.

Sincerely,

Joed