Do Quarks have a low battery warning (on primaries) like Fenix?

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Well, on my quark i haven't discovered such a thing......

Why exactly you'd want a low battery warning for primaries eludes me...... Just wait till the light stops and replace the cell! I'd be way more interested to know if there's a way to get a low battery warning for secondaries so i can start using unprotected cells without destroying them!

grezuki

Newly Enlightened
My experience is the opposite:
My Fenix LD10 just seems to die without warning on eneloops, whereas my Preon gives me a low battery warning of sorts when the high mode starts being the same brightness as medium. I don't have a quark but would think the regulation behavior would be similar.

Well, on my quark i haven't discovered such a thing......

Why exactly you'd want a low battery warning for primaries eludes me...... Just wait till the light stops and replace the cell! I'd be way more interested to know if there's a way to get a low battery warning for secondaries so i can start using unprotected cells without destroying them!

I understand what he's getting at, it's because (and I'm just making some up numbers here so don't flame me) let's say you're down to 2 minutes of max power remaining, well what if you could trade that 2 minutes for 10 minutes of completely usable light at the medium level? What if you could even get 15-20 minutes? Like I said, I'm just throwing out numbers, but it's entirely plausible considering it's a lot easier to get energy out of any given battery when the drain rate is lower.

You also can't make the assumption that everyone uses only primaries.