Fenix L2D vs LD20

watchcollector1968

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix L2D Q5 and really like it. Probably close to 2 years old.

Now I see Fenix has the LD20...looks to be a minor update of the L2D?

Anyways, is there any reason to buy the LD20 if I already have the L2D? If so, why?

Help me decide!!!

Jaybird

Newly Enlightened
Maybe these videos will help you decide if you haven't seen them already...

L2D

LD20

Cheers !

jdonner

Newly Enlightened
I have the L1D and L2D and I love these lights....except for one major issue; they roll on flat surfaces and it has annoyed me many times. Now I often have them standing up, but also so often I hit them by accident and then they go rolling again...sigh. I don't like the clip or holster (I like my lights "bare" and ready to go), so it has become an annoying issue. Can't wait for either one of them to fail, but the "problem" is; they don't, no matter how many time they hit the concrete. :D

nvrdark

Newly Enlightened
On the L20 and L10 you can remove the clip and they will not roll because of the hex portion on the barrel.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a LD20+ (with the XP-G LED). I have an older LD20 (XR-E Q5) and it has quite a bit better throw than the Q5 L2D's that I have. I'm not sure what the larger die of the XP-G does to the LD20+ though.

watchcollector1968

Newly Enlightened
Rolling is one issue...not huge, but it is a concern. I suppose mainly I am looking for an excuse for a new light :D

I do like the addition of the clip...makes it easier to carry a longer light when belt carry is not an option.

I have the L1D and L2D and I love these lights....except for one major issue; they roll on flat surfaces and it has annoyed me many times. Now I often have them standing up, but also so often I hit them by accident and then they go rolling again...sigh. I don't like the clip or holster (I like my lights "bare" and ready to go), so it has become an annoying issue. Can't wait for either one of them to fail, but the "problem" is; they don't, no matter how many time they hit the concrete. :D