EagleTac T20C2 MKII XP-G R5 VS Fenix TK11

shipwreck

Enlightened
I've posted a few threads today, and I think I've narrowed it down to these two, after excluding other models and using the search function here.

Can anyone offer and comments about why 1 is better than the other?

From what I can tell, neither has a twist off/lock out feature like Inova uses (so it doesn't turn on in a pocket). Right?

However, one can order a different tailcap for the Eagletac to make it less likely (it will also allow the light to stand on a table).

Both look reasonably sturdy and tough from what I have read.

Ace12

Enlightened
I dont own the Fenix TK11 so I cannot give any first hand opinions on it. I do own a T20C2 MKII and I can tell you it is very well built and has a very nice flawless beam(with the LOP reflector). The T20C2 can be "locked-out" by loosening the tail cap about 1/4 turn. It also comes with a rubber thingy that allows it to tail-stand without the need to buy another tail cap. The most important difference IMO is the T20C2 MKII has replaceable modules that can be upgraded down the road.

shipwreck

Enlightened
Ok, I think I'm leaning towards the Eagletac, but the P20C2 model instead. I read 1 review and it seems that the P20C2 Mark II also has the tailcap lockout feature. If I am wrong, someone please correct me. But, I think that's the one.

It seems like the T20C2 can a tailcap stand that comes with it, buT I don't see that the P20C2 comes with that extra part....

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
P20C2 mkII is a great torch. I love mine.

Yes, it has anodised threads that will allow the tailcap to be unscrewed to make it lock out.

Yes, it does come with the extra part that clips on the tailcap so you can stand it up ready to be knocked over by the dog.....

shipwreck

Enlightened

Yes, it has anodised threads that will allow the tailcap to be unscrewed to make it lock out.

Yes, it does come with the extra part that clips on the tailcap so you can stand it up ready to be knocked over by the dog.....

Ok, that's the one I'm gonna order - the P20c2 Mk II XP-G R5

From what I can tell, the "Cool" R5 white should be a tiny bit brighter than the Q4 Neautral White.

I guess I'll order it from http://www.illuminationgear.com

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good choice! I think you'll be really impressed with the beam on the T20C2, I sure was! You may also want to consider some 17670 Li-ions in the future too if you'll be putting a lot of runtime on it.

somename

Newly Enlightened

The T20C2 MKII has the anodized threads which also allow it to be locked out when the tailcap is unscrewed. I've tried this a few times on my light and it only needs about 1/2 turn.

Latest posts