wrong shipping, will it get here anyway?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally gave up and ordered another flashlight the other day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I got the shipping notification today and they got (or I typed) the State wrong! Everything else is correct, including the city and the zipcode, so the fact that the state is completely wrong shouldn't get the package lost forever right?

Just how important is the state when we have the zipcode on there anyway?

Anybody else ever do something this silly and have the package find you anyway?

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a package where my street address was off by one digit. They just circled the error, but I still got it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zip code will get it there, PROBABLY without delay unless some mail sorter gets overzealous.....

That's why I always try to use the 9 digit (Zip+4) zip code whenever I ship a package... If you get that right, even if everything else is wrong, they'll get it.

This applies to USPS shipping... I don't know if UPS, FedEx or Airborne work the same way, They may key on the state for sorting rather than the zip.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who here actually knows their Zip+4 and memorizes it and puts it on everything sent? Me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan

zmoz

Enlightened
The other day I got a check in the mail that was sent to my address in California, although I live in Oregon. I got it anyway, although it took a while. I don't know if the reason it took so long was because of the mistake, or because the company sending it was pathetic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Silviron said:
Zip code will get it there, PROBABLY without delay unless some mail sorter gets overzealous.....

This applies to USPS shipping... I don't know if UPS, FedEx or Airborne work the same way, They may key on the state for sorting rather than the zip.

[/ QUOTE ]

At UPS we typically use just the zip code when sorting it, but some outbound truckloads get just one state, so the sorter/package pick-off person (that would be me) just looks at the state. Usually the closer the package gets to the delivery location, the closer the zips (and the rest of the address) are looked at. If I catch a package that has a mismatching zip/state, I'll set it aside and get it to the people that do nothing but correct address errors all day.

-Keith

Danger_Mouse

Newly Enlightened
You can call FedEx, UPS, etc w/ your tracking # and have them correct the delivery address.

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
logicnerd411 said:
Who here actually knows their Zip+4 and memorizes it and puts it on everything sent? Me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan (Also)

TOB9595

Enlightened
You'll get it.
Technology may have changed by then tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Tom

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thought I'd give a quick update and a cheers for UPS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I got the package with no discernible delay.

Turns out the state got messed up due to "auto complete" in the damnable browser. It actually changed what I had written in there back to the state I used to live in.

Lucky thats all it changed. Guess I'll be turning off auto-complete in the future.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.