2xAA HDS torches?

WYlightGUY

Newly Enlightened
I was searching the forums for available 1x or 2xAA lights and came across some text hinting that HDS was (is?) coming out with a 2xAA tube for the Clicky line. I could not confirm this by reviewing the HDS website.

Is this true? Are there AA bodies for the Clickies?

J33psr0ck

Newly Enlightened
Really looking forward to this format with the high quality of the Clicky it will be a winning combo.:D

WYlightGUY

Newly Enlightened
Thank you , Sir.

I know from my search for a high quality AA based light that there are many who are looking forward to this!

Sure hope it is sooner vs. later.....

sithjedi333

Enlightened
Henry, I'm curious if the Ra/HDS clicky would it light up with NiMH 1.2V as a backup (in the specs, the lower end of voltage input is 1.8V)? It would be great to run 14500 with that as a backup option if such a 1xAA body came available.

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
SithJedi333,

The specs are correct. Although the electronics have been observed to continue operation down to around 1.5V, there is no assurance that any lights will start at that voltage.

If someone would like to undertake the manufacturing of a 14500 battery compartment, we are amenable to providing assistance. However, it is not clear to me that anyone will be interested in such a project. Only Li-ion batteries will work, it will make the light longer and the absolute capacity is roughly the same as a CR123. So there is no obvious benefit over the standard CR123 battery format and several significant detractors.

Henry.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Henry is it possible to use parts for HDS on your older Novatac designs? I didn't get a definitive answer from Jason over at Novatac so I figured I'd ask you. My main concern was if they were interchangeable.

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
Beacon of Light,

Strange they could not give you a definitive answer... There is no part compatibility between the old lights and the new lights due to a clean sheet redesign that took place in the later part of 2007. The new lights stand head and shoulders above the old design. It would take several pages to list all of the improvements that have been made. :)

Henry.