Just how good of a thrower is the Olight M30

Grady

Newly Enlightened
I have read the reviews on the Olight M30. And it seems to be a great light. You hear about how a great flood it is, but what about the throw power of this puppy?
How far will it reach out?

easilyled

Flashaholic
I believe that its in the range of 10,000 lux per meter.

Not an out-and-out thrower but will reach out to about 150 yards. At this distance, a wide field will also be illuminated.

Beamshot comparisons show that the M30 throws as far as the Olight M20 (with Cree-XRE) but with much more overall light.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
My friend has one and I was impressed. It did slightly better than my MRV Q2 version on one battery plus it was a nice wide hotspot.

I think that it would probably suit any need unless you really want to see far away stuff.

Grady

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys for the input. That's probably the light that I'm going to purchase. Just another question from a noob. I also was going to get a charger and some rechargeable batteries. Which is the best route to go with these?

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on the M30, good move!

That separate access to strobe is one of the many things I like about this light. IMHO it'a ideal for several applications including LEOs.

sfca

Enlightened

Flint&Steel

Newly Enlightened
The Land of Beautiful Women, Fast Horses, and Smoo
I've had my Olight M30 for a little over a month, and found that it's an "okay" thrower, but it puts out a very nice wall of light.

I run mine on (2) AW 18500's in the short configuration, charged on the WF-139. No complaints about either.

My only, very minor gripe is that you have to cycle through strobe to go from High to Low. I like that strobe is accessible from "off" with the side button, but I don't want to cycle through it in the regular modes. Again, just a minor issue.

It's worth a buy if you're not looking for a tight hotspot 200 yards down the road. But if you need to light everything up from the bezel to about 200 feet +/-, it's for you!

FWIW, I don't regret my purchase one bit.

Flint

Grady

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again everybody.
Hey Flint, are you from Kentucky, too?

Grady

Newly Enlightened
I lived in Frankfort for 26 years, Indian Hills.
I moved to Salvisa (for all places) 6 years ago. But I love it here.
My son is a graduate of Western Hills.