JetBeam warrenty ?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it standard for Jetbeam to have you send a new light that does not work properly back to the dealer. Then the dealer send it back to china to have it repaired? Thus being without the light for over a month?

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the new light doesn't work, I would say you should try to do an exchange with the dealer or just return it. The dealer should take care of the DOA, instead of you going through warranty.

Egsise

Banned
Depends a lot of the dealer and country.
If my Fenix fails I just email to local dealer to get rma and then I send the flashlight to them, they repair or replace it. And they pay all the postage fees.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the new light doesn't work, I would say you should try to do an exchange with the dealer or just return it. The dealer should take care of the DOA, instead of you going through warranty.

Well I thought that's what I was doing when I sent it too the dealer two weeks ago. So today I e-mail then and get a we just sent the light back to JetBeam to be repaired and it will be back in 2-3 weeks!! :thinking:

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say you just ask them for a refund or exchange since it was DOA. Repair indicates warranty work, and this doesn't have to do with the warranty. The lengthy time for repair is one issue, but my main concern if I were you would be the fact that you're essentially getting a refurbished item instead of a brand new one.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say you just ask them for a refund or exchange since it was DOA. Repair indicates warranty work, and this doesn't have to do with the warranty. The lengthy time for repair is one issue, but my main concern if I were you would be the fact that you're essentially getting a refurbished item instead of a brand new one.

Well just to be fair it was not DOA I used it a few day before noticing that if left on high for more than five minutes the light would start to flash on and off every ten seconds. But I would say the light was broke when I received it.

PS. Yes I tried many new and different batteries.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if that is normal or not with the light since it seems to be regular, but a couple days should still fall into the dealer's return policy, satisfaction guarantee, or something like that. But if you did invoke the warranty, then yes, something like this would be normal for manufacturers out of the country (which is why I refuse to buy lights like these, Made in China is part of it, but the warranties mean next to nothing because of the hassle/cost).