A question about IR filters

Sniped222

Newly Enlightened
I am very new to this forum and apologies in advance if this thread is in the wrong section

Just have a problem that i think you guys should be able to help me with!

I have been looking for a Infrared filter for my Fenix LD10 (bezel size 22MM) at about 850NM

does anyone know of a filter that would fit properly, the smallest i could find was 1" bezel size filters which are about 25MM. would this work?

I am on a budget (£40 ish absolute tops) so cheap = good

Thank you very much!

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its an LED flashlight so it produces very little IR light to begin with.
even if you do find a infrared filter that will fit it wont work, you need to either mod your existing light with and IR led, or buy a new Light with an infrared led.

Incandescent lights produce lots of IR (the heat you can feel if you hold your hand in front of a nice bright incan) so the filter does work for Incandescent light

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy an oncandescent light. LED's produce very little IR, and what little they do produce, probably isn't in the 850Nm range.

Or you could buy another LED light, and swap in an IR LED in that spectrum, and replace the lights LED with it.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
:welcome:

I use a Solarforce L2M with an IR drop-in, which should work out at around your $40 price point.

What are you planning to use it for ?

Sniped222

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:

I use a Solarforce L2M with an IR drop-in, which should work out at around your $40 price point.

What are you planning to use it for ?

It is for use with night vision in a Forrest and out on the moors although i don't think i will need it too much on the moors

Thanks for all advice, can anyone recommend a ir light that i could buy
Thanks for all advice, you saved me wasting my money