Ninemm's Wedding Day Countdown **Our dog was hit by a car**

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey CPF!

Thought this could be a fun topic. :grin2: My wedding is coming up on June 12th and I'm totally pumped. Me and the future Mrs. Ninemm have been together for 5 years now. We met in college and fell in love *awww* She's put up with my various hobbies and spending mishaps extremely well. I couldn't have asked for better fiance! An example of her awesomeness would be my birthday present this year (hint: it's camo and a Surefire and not listed below)

Although none of you are officially invited, I know you'll all be there in spirit. ;) Since none of my family knows of/understands my flashaholism below is my CPF Wedding Registry: :laughing:

Anything that starts with "Milky" or ends with "modded by Milky"
Anything that has "Mcgizmo" in it
1 - Surefire E2E CJ *check*
1 - Lummi Raw Camo
1 - Surefire E2D (incan)
1 - Mac's EDC Al (4500k please)
Any amount of CR123's
Or anything that glows/emits light in any way
Bath towels
Bed sheets....oh wait, wrong registry. :p

We're heading to Colorado for a week of hiking/adventuring in the mountains. I should have plenty of opportunities to put my lights to good use! Below are the lights I have available to pack with me. Which do you think I should take?? (I always carry my Brass Peak Matterhorn on my keys)

Surefire M4 w/LF HOM4A
Surefire Kroma
Surefire E1 Satin Gray Teardrop
Jetbeam M1X w/cell extender
RA Clicky High CRI

(Making that list just made me realize I have a lot of shelf queens and not many users :thinking:)

Any lights that you strongly suggest I pick up in the next few weeks to take with me? I

Thanks for the good times CPF. I look forward to continuing on with this community after I'm married. Any general advice for me in starting a new married life? I guess I could have searched through the entire "Things I found out the hard way" thread, but that's a lot of posts.

:party: Days Remaining: NONE!!!!!!! :party:

PS. I hope the future Mrs. Ninemm doesn't mind me starting a thread about our wedding. Hi sweetie! :wave: :eek:

Last edited:

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Re: Ninemm's Wedding Day Countdown

Best wishes Ninemm:twothumbs. That's a nice "awww" story.

As for the lights, I say take 'em all in cpf fashion.

I'd pick up a little AAA for around the neck that you can stick aaa's or a 10440 in also just for kicks.
ITP, Liteflux, Maratac, Illuminati etc...they are great when travelling. Maybe pick up a nano charger for your kit / car.

I'd also take along at least one UV light to check your hotel rooms out:crackup: (lighthound has great fauxtons for this) & look for bugs / scorpions at night.
Maybe a red filter for reading & not disturbing the spou....nevermind, it's your honeymoon.

That's about it.

Sounds like you'll have a great time.

Congratulations to you & Mrs. 9mm.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any lights that you strongly suggest I pick up in the next few weeks to take with me?

There are only two great responses to this question:

CONGRATULATIONS!

And this immortal quote from mossyoak "Dear God man, its your honeymoon, screw the flashlights, bring one or two and some backup batteries, and fill up all that extra room you have with condoms and alcohol."

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Chance! Thanks for the congrats!

I should probably have up there that I always have a Brass AAA peak Matterhorn on my keys. I do like my Kroma's red leds for those middle of the night trips to the bathroom.

No hotel rooms since we're renting a cabin in the mountains, but a UV light would be a fun and possibly disturbing addition. haha Should be a good time. ;)

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

There are only two great responses to this question:

CONGRATULATIONS!

And this immortal quote from mossyoak "Dear God man, its your honeymoon, screw the flashlights, bring one or two and some backup batteries, and fill up all that extra room you have with condoms and alcohol."

:laughing: How I do wish we had a :milknose: icon! Thanks Dances!

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

The future Mrs. Ninemm would like to let you know that your wedding is only 18 days away, not 23. Please show up. :ohgeez:

scout24

Flashaholic

Congrats! Only words of wisdom are: There are precious few things worth fighting about. Beware of winning the battle and losing the war. Enjoy!:party::party::party::party::D

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congrats! Only words of wisdom are: There are precious few things worth fighting about. Beware of winning the battle and losing the war. Enjoy!:party::party::party::party::D

Thanks for the congrats + advice Geoff and Scout!

Oh, and now it's only 17 days to go!

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Closing in on two weeks to go! :grin2: How long has everyone that is married been married?

kramer5150

Flashaholic

Closing in on two weeks to go! :grin2: How long has everyone that is married been married?

Congratulations!!

9 years and 2 kids for me:D it flies by fast. I don't remember my wedding day... it was a complete blur. I remember stressing out, and sweating a lot. I also remember my feet being very sore from wearing a tux all day. I remember the ceremony and our vows but thats about it.

I remember our honeymoon on Maui & Oahu though

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

27 years this August, Congrats and the best advice I have is learn to say the following, yes dear, you're right, I'm sorry, it was all my fault.......just kidding.:p

Just give her your heart daily, learn that love comes in the quiet moments together later on, and just breathing the same air in close vicinity is bliss for you, be her most fervent ally and friend. Okay enough of the hallmark crap.:D

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congratulations!!

9 years and 2 kids for me:D it flies by fast. I don't remember my wedding day... it was a complete blur. I remember stressing out, and sweating a lot. I also remember my feet being very sore from wearing a tux all day. I remember the ceremony and our vows but thats about it.

I remember our honeymoon on Maui & Oahu though

Looking forward to kids! Even if they dent the flashlight budget. ;)

27 years this August, Congrats and the best advice I have is learn to say the following, yes dear, you're right, I'm sorry, it was all my fault.......just kidding.:p

Just give her your heart daily, learn that love comes in the quiet moments together later on, and just breathing the same air in close vicinity is bliss for you, be her most fervent ally and friend. Okay enough of the hallmark crap.:D

I'll definitely follow you're advice. I think we've got the hallmark part down. :grin2:

15 days to go!

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

:party: I can cross "anything modded by Milky" off the registry! Thanks Pwatcher!

gollum

Enlightened

congrats
good luck and all the best

I tied the knot 7 months ago

after 10 years of having a partner...
now I can say ...my wife

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bad Day for Lorna Doone and everyone:

So, yesterday my fiancee and I decide to take a walk around since it's so nice outside. We get Lorna's collar and leash on and take a 20min walk. We live in an apt complex that is secluded, but off of a main road. It was pretty hot out and our dog Lorna was panting hard. We decide to take the quicker way home to get her back to the AC and water.

This takes us down the sidewalk of the main thoroughfare for maybe 1/4 of a mile. We're right in front of the complex and about to turn in when all of a sudden my fiancee calls out Lorna's name and I see her trotting about 5 yards in front of us. The Ruff Wear Knot-a-Leash that incorporates a locking carabiner broke. She runs down the shoulder for a little then darts across both lanes and manages to not get hit, I run into the complex to get the car, but before I can even go 10 yards I hear my dog scream and Mary shout she got hit. I book it to the car and speed out to pick them up.

I raced over to the 24hr Emergency Vet with her howling in the back seat while Mary holds her. Definite front leg injury, bleeding from mouth, not moving her back legs much. Overall not good, but no huge wounds/obvious detrimental trauma. We get her in and wait and wait. They come in finally and tell us that she has no broken bones or indicators of major internal injuries! :party:
However, she had a pneumothorax, which is air in her chest cavity, that makes it hard for her to breath. They've had to remove the air with a syringe a few times overnight and had her in an oxygen tent. She's on lots of pain meds etc of course. We got to see her for the first time this morning and she gave us some tail wags, but no licks. She has some soft tissue damage to her left front paw which causes her to limp and "knuckle" that foot. Most likely no nerve damage to it which is a good thing. They think she should be able to fully recover from that in time. We might be able to bring her home this evening if her breathing remains good. We're just glad she alive, neither of us can imagine our life without her. :sigh: Not been the greatest 24 hours ever that's for sure.

This first pic is of me and her when we first got her a little over one year ago.
DSC_0164.jpg

Here she is this winter surveying her domain from the top of a snow drift.
IMG_0136.jpg

Look at my shadow! I'm a 5ft tall Shiba Inu!
IMG_0076.jpg

Barbarian

Enlightened

Sorry to hear about Lorna, but hopefully she makes a quick recovery. Fortune seems to have been on your side Steve.

You'll never forget the late spring of 2010 for many reasons. :eek: :thumbsup:

I hope everything goes well at your wedding. :party: