Eagletac gitd switchboot & Lanyard

Timelike

Newly Enlightened
Mine are still in the box. I never could figure them out. I guess the gitd switch cover just goes over the original cover, but that makes it really hard to click the button. The lanyard is great material, but that little clip is supposed to hook onto the belt clip? Help?

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need either tweezers or really thin needle nose plier. Remove the tailcap and look inside, you will see the two holes in the metal ring called a switch retaining ring. Place the tweezers or needle nose pliers in the holes and turn clockwise to loosen, remove the switch retaining ring. Now pull the switch out and you will see a metal spacer ring pull it out and then the rubber boot. Replace with your GITD boot and then the metal spacer ring (the nubby part on the ring faces down) now put the switch in and the the retaining ring, turn counter clockwise to tighten it down nice and snug and your finished.

The lanyard is meant to be installed on the clip, I don't really like it either I wish it was like the older models instead with a hole in the cigar grip ring.

Last edited:

lebox97

Enlightened
yup, what jhc said.

though to clarify - the P20/T20 MKII (R5 models) tail caps use a reverse threaded switch retaining ring, and all the other and older model switches do not.

I imagine this will change over time as ET retools -
the older style ring has tendency of loosening up over time from frequent unscrewing of the cap (by the friction from the body) to replace batteries - which then causes erratic switching issues until you re-tighten the ring.

Part of routine maintenance (o-ring lubing, etc) should include making sure the retaining ring and other moving parts are snug :thumbsup:

:)
Tod

You need either tweezers or really thin needle nose plier. Remove the tailcap and look inside, you will see the two holes in the metal ring called a switch retaining ring. Place the tweezers or needle nose pliers in the holes and turn clockwise to loosen, remove the switch retaining ring. Now pull the switch out and you will see a metal spacer ring pull it out and then the rubber boot. Replace with your GITD boot and then the metal spacer ring (the nubby part on the ring faces down) now put the switch in and the the retaining ring, turn counter clockwise to tighten it down nice and snug and your finished.

The lanyard is meant to be installed on the clip, I don't really like it either I wish it was like the older models instead with a hole in the cigar grip ring.