380 Lumen CREE XP-G R5 LED

lightinsky

Enlightened
Thinking of getting this drop in to replace my DX Cree R2 11836 for my Surefire 6P. I would love to have some opinions as to what I can really expect for lumens with an Input voltage of 3V-18V (6 volts for the 6P) and a Max Current of 1500mAh?

Thanks in advance!

bullettproof

Enlightened
Do a search on the R5.

I would pm Nailbender and get his R5 dropin for 35 bucks.Much better then the others.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast

lightinsky

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions! If anyone has a website link to nailbender that would be great.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on Nailbender, great service and great product! :thumbsup:

I'd also seriously consider getting a neutral or warm white though as the cri and depth perception offered is much better. I guess it's a personal preference though..

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neo-Fab will soon be coming out with 2 fully custom designed and built 1A and 1.5A modules that feature an optic and of course Neo's well known excellent circuitry. He's got a thread posted in CPFMP's manufacturer's corner about it.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
As for cheap modules, I currently own 6 Solarforce XP-G R5 dropins and while I don't heavily use them, none has failed on me so far. I had a 5 mode one I used on and off for 2 days straight while babysitting my nephew. Used it in low mode for a couple hours straight while tailstanding my Solarforce L2P flashlight as a bedstand nightlight and it worked great as well as walking around the house in the middle of the night.

lightinsky

Enlightened
Thanks again for all the comments. Just curious about something. I noticed on ebay that their was a couple different XPG R5's on their. One said 500-650 mah and others said 1500 mah. Would the 1500 be the best bet for lumens?

rdrkt

Newly Enlightened
I bought 2 of the uniquefire lights that have the XPGSKU: 33550 and one XPG drop in module. The two flashlights have been performing well. The dropin works but they glued the emitter on the board wrong and the beam is definitely off.

bullettproof

Enlightened
Thanks again for all the comments. Just curious about something. I noticed on ebay that their was a couple different XPG R5's on their. One said 500-650 mah and others said 1500 mah. Would the 1500 be the best bet for lumens?

PM Nailbender why buy junk when you can get quality for 15 more bucks.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast

I usually don't pay much attention to the generic dropins sold on ebay. For 1.5A, probably your best bet would be from Nailbender or a Thrunite one from Flashlight Connection. Ebay dealer itc_shop usually has some good deals on Solarforce dropins, but to my knowledge, none of them are 1.5A output. Or again, you can just wait for Neo-Fab to come out with his fully custom dropin as he will have both a 1A and 1.5A versions.