Which drop in for my C2-CJ?

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey CPF,

So, recently acquired a Surefire C2-CJ from Dafabricata and I am wanting to upgrade it with a nice LED drop in. I thought I'd put this thread up to see what you all recommend. I tend to like neutral/warm leds and am leaning towards finding an M60W, but I'm open to anything so long as it is well made and reliable. This will be used primarily for checking strange noises in the house at night, and for walking the dog at night. So maybe more flood and less throw.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions! :thumbsup:

-Steve

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend the Nailbender Linger Special. It uses 2 XP-G R2 (warm tints) in a single P60 reflector. The driver is a 2.8A 3~6V so, its best to run a single li-on cell.

If you have a McClicky switch they help with the OTF lumens too. This Nailbender drop-in is brighter then even the Malkoff MC-E Regulated or Direct Drive drop-ins. You can ask him to pott the electronics to make it transfer heat better and be more shock resistant. This is similar to what Malkoff does for his P60 drop-ins.

LingerXP-G.png

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the suggestion bigchelis! I definitely like the OTF rating of the Linger. Since this light isn't going to be bored out, which cell would you recommend using?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would recommend one of the SST-50 drop-ins supasizefries is selling in the marketplace.

I got one of the 4500K ones, 3 level, with approx ~2.8A high and it is a nice creamy vanilla white in m C2-CJ. It ran pretty strong on a 17670 @ ~2.5A but runs better now on a 18650 after Electronguru spent some time with it.

The low is very useful and the high is a floody wall of light that can push out a good 100 yards+.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure thing - I'd offer to post a beamshot but all of my beam shot pictures are turning out terrible lately - I can never get the white balance quite right.

purelite

Enlightened
Wow, I didnt know you could get the Linger potted. does he cover up the exposed board under the spring at the back also? I assume its a bit more $ to have this done? Maybe not too much more? I had a Linger and sold it . I am thinking if it was fully potted I would get another. It was impressive in output!!!

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
Having multiple Malkoff drop-ins and zero complaints whatsoever, I heartily recommend them. I have an M60, and M60W, and an M61. My favorite by far is the M61. Its beam pattern is definitely more suitable for indoor use, which is not to say the M60-series is bad in any way. The M61 is just that much better. Another bonus is that its Cree XP-G runs cooler, sucks less, AND is brighter than the XR-E of the "old" M60-series.