Missing/Stolen Surefire C2L

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edit: If you happen to be searching on the internet, and have this specific SN# ... then without a doubt it was stolen from me, or you picked it up somehow. Regardless, If you decide to return it, I will reward you with a light that takes cheaper, more common batteries - AA to be exact. The light will still be bright :) I will not hold anything against you. It is just a light, after all, but it would be *very* nice to get it back.

Hey All,

I recently had my newly received Surefire C2L stolen from me.
I am 99% sure it's stolen, as I know where I placed it, and it was gone after I turned my back to it. stupid, I know. I have questioned everyone around me, and have gotten no results as I initially thought it was a prank.

In a last ditch attempt, I'm turning to the forums I frequent -- hoping whoever took the light will use up the batteries, find the cost of the batteries, and list it on ebay or wherever.

The light is the one pictured, but it had a Z48 tailcap when lost as seen in the last image.

Also inside the light was a Thrunite XP-G 1 amp dropin.. the label was removed and 2.7-4.2V was scrawled on the pill.

the serial is A00654.

IMG_2867_processed.JPG

IMG_2869_processed.JPG

Thanks all.

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
school. which is why I didn't believe it at first...
though I was talking about the retail value of the light another day.. another stupid move.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would question a few of the people that were around at the time.
Tell them that you believe you misplaced it.

If they witnessed anything, or even have a guilty conscious they my give up some valuable information.

:)

I will keep my eyes peeled on eBay.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would question a few of the people that were around at the time.
Tell them that you believe you misplaced it.

If they witnessed anything, or even have a guilty conscious they my give up some valuable information.

:)

I will keep my eyes peeled on eBay.
Ohhhh yeah, I questioned them quite a bit,.. they all remember me playing with the light, but not much after. I have also checked in all possible places.. lost and found, etc.
:( Was a pretty busy day working on some group projects. Someone must have taken the opportunity.

thanks a lot for keeping watch.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a problem Craig.

Having things stolen is not fun, and it is a horrible feeling when people who you are in close proximity too are the possible culprits.

hotlight

Enlightened
school. which is why I didn't believe it at first...

WEAK
you know what happens in schools these days?
HS or college?(HS, I can definately see this happening)

it'll probably be traded for weed. or you'll see some turd playing with it at school.

or a long term prank type of deal. you may get it back at graduation.

secure your property.

yes, it does suck having the "culprit" around you acting as if nothing happened. worst part about it.

good luck

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
HS. The individuals I sit close to I know well.. and they even let me search their belongings for peace of mind. They wouldn't play a longtime prank like so.

now, of course, there are other individuals in the classroom that sit nearby, too...

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crap sorry to hear about that Craig. Everyone like flashlights. When I was traveling over to China I bought the Pelican 4AA xenon light for my counterpart over there as a gift - he left it somewhere for 2 minutes and away it went....

That was during my polystinger & scorpion days. I got pulled aside into a little room in Beijing airport for the 3 extra polystinger batteries I had in my checked baggage (note, standard stinger charger NOT 240V), fortunately I had my polystinger handy to show them what it went in...

Not that interesting a story, but felt it had to be told.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I was also thinking the same that who ever stole it dont know crap about lights and is going to poop when he sees how much cr123s are. I will also be on the look out for you on craigslist and ebay.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check your local/nearby pawn shops too.

Tell them to be on the lookout for it ......

and give them the Ser. No.

Ask them to confiscate it for ya

Illum

Flashaholic
HS. The individuals I sit close to I know well.. and they even let me search their belongings for peace of mind. They wouldn't play a longtime prank like so.

now, of course, there are other individuals in the classroom that sit nearby, too...

Confronting them directly is not going to work, because they know you are desperate and could lead you to wild goose chases. Find a friend that you know well but no one knows the relationship between you two. Give him some facts of the light make make sure he sounds curious when hes around his friends...eventually the guy with the five finger discount will want to show off in private...and you've just planted a mole in the garden of buried treasure...

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know how you feel someone stole a nice light from my car along with some other things not to long ago. Did you notice it missing during your MC-10 review? I remember you saying you couldn't find a light IIRC. I really hope you find it or who took it.

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
An unfortunate part of this story is that as Craig is a student and as such has a limited budget, he can't quickly afford to replace what was his favourite light short of selling off some other possessions.

If anyone is aware of a good deal on a C2 or one that's no longer used and needing a good home I'm sure he'd appreciate someone letting him know. I'm sure you'll all agree that he's contributed hugely to the flashaholic community with his reviews and other work and is deserving of us all keeping an eye out for him for opportunities to get a new one, as well as keeping an eye out for his stolen one.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
File a police report asap. Start with that.
Might also want to post this on FNF and budgetlightforum.

That sucks Craig, I had a $$$ calculator stolen from me in HS... someone took it out of my backpack.

Good Luck getting it back... check your PM box too.

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you all for your support :eek:
a police report? is that really necessary, I wonder? I believe ipods and other expensive electronic gadgets are stolen all the time without those reports..