Kingpower K1

jac21

Newly Enlightened
Hey just wanted to know if anybody has any experience with the Kingpower K1.

I know that there are "better or superior" AA flashlights out there from Fenix, 4Sevens, Olight & others … But there seems to be very little info on this light. I think that it's a great light; you can use it as a starter light, a gift light, a light for the wife, light for the other Family members & even car back up light.

I want to know what experiences or insight, about the Kingpower K1's durability, usability & possible accessories can you guys provide.

Thanks

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
Hi! I haven't ever held a K1 myself, although I've been eyeing it for a while since it's such a good price at shiningbeam.

You may have already found this, but there is a nice review of the K1 with some videos even here: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=2565351

The reviewer says it's well built, nice threads and beam, but he doesn't compare it to many other lights.

Hm. Google searching the forum it seems that people like dropping the Kingpowers to see how tough they are :) I'm more inclined to just point torches where I want light, but everyone's different.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like trying different lights that are not the normal for others to buy and this one looks like worth a go,only thing that puts me off is it is rather large compared to something like an ITP A2,I have no use for the strobe either.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a K2 for quite awhile, then gave it to my brother who took it camping. Its actually a really solid light, thick body so it could take some abuse. it was also fairly bright.

i guess the k1 is similar as far as build goes

Crenshaw

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KingPower lights are great lights... very tough, and great output. I used to carry them on the website, but they just didn't sell too well. Not sure why, they really are nice lights. The only thing I didn't like was the very stiff tail button.