Problem with Olight M20 clicky.

MilitaryPower

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody, I'm experiencing trouble with the tailcap of my M20. Out of about roughly every four or five presses of the tailcap clicky, it fails to keep the flashlight on. The momentary works, but once the clicky is released, the light turns off. This is a problem for me. So what do I do now to resolve the situation?

yalskey

Enlightened
I had the exact same problem with my M20 when they first came out. I sent the thing back to 4sevens for a refund. That was suppose to be my self-defense / tactical light. I can't afford a 20% failure rate with the switch activation.

Where did you buy it from? You may be able to contact them. Lastly, you could try contacting Olight directly for a replacement / repair.

I know other people have also had this issue, and there are threads about it you can search for.

Ultimately, I upgraded to a Dereelight CL1H v4 with an MC-E drop-in. 550 lumens OTF and in my pocket. The switch has never given me an issue, even though it's dusty / dirty from my pocket most of the time.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tighten the ring in the tailcap, that's a typical M20 problem, I experienced the same with mine... :wave:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly; simply tighten the ring (2 holes) by the - battery contact - the 'inside' of the switch.

It's not a 'flaw' in the product. Olight made it so the switch cover can be changed by the user because CPF doesn't like glued switches/pills. The switch will work itself lose as a consequence so either tighten it once in a while or glue it in.

MilitaryPower

Newly Enlightened
Already took it apart and put it back together, making sure it was tight. Still the same problem.

Xak

Enlightened
Make sure the reflector in the head is screwed in tight.