Revised SUREFIRE staple models

Alberta-Blue

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

I just spoke with my SF rep up here in Canada and it looks like the revised G2L, 6PL, Z2L, Etc... are set to arrive in mid june. Any additional information on this.

Personally I am excited!! As much of a flashaholic that I am, my failsafe backup is always either my SF 6PL or SF G2L cuz they just plain work... EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Last edited:

nanomu

Newly Enlightened
These are indeed great lights! I'm with you on how these *always work*. :thumbsup:

What sort of "update" is this? New LEDs in their P60L maybe? Factory HA? Body redesign? More variations like the Z2S? This has me quite curious.

LumenMan

Enlightened
Maybe Surefire is just updating the stated output of their LED's similar to what they did with the E2DL & E1B? :whistle:

Size15's

Flashaholic
We knew this was coming. Well SureFire told people at SS2010 but few on CPF seemed to be listening. Anyway, SureFire is replacing the P60L with a new dedicated LED bezel.

Alberta-Blue

Newly Enlightened
Maybe Surefire is just updating the stated output of their LED's similar to what they did with the E2DL & E1B? :whistle:

Nope not on this one. The over all body/tailcap design looks to be staying the same, which is great for those of us that dont like buying new duty equipment every time a new flashlight we want comes out, but, According to the rep I spoke with it features a whole new integrated head design for better heat sinking, a whole new LED, and a whole new driver, so in essence this is going to be a completely different beast in familiar form.

My personal prediction is that with the appearance of the K2 TFFC "Flip Chips" in there Z2-S and S2 models we may see it in the updated LED models as well. The K2's were driven at 120 Lumens for 2+ hours for the Streamlight Scorpion LED which is why I have a sneaking suspicion that the may show up here as well.

As was mentioned in other threads there is also going to be a retrofit head for those of us that already have G2L's and 6PL's to bring us in line with the new standard (If we want to).

Heres the best part... sounds like the cost of the light is going to stay the same!!

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
We knew this was coming. Well SureFire told people at SS2010 but few on CPF seemed to be listening. Anyway, SureFire is replacing the P60L with a new dedicated LED bezel.

interested, although if it uses an XRE I wouldn't expect more than ~225L OTF. A TIR optic would be nice too.:)

DanTSX

Newly Enlightened
Excellent! I'm in the market for a new G2L anyways. If it comes with the same reflector on the Z2-S, I'll be VERY happy. Was going to just put a low flood malkoff on a current G2L, but I think I'll wait a bit to see what comes out.

DanTSX

Newly Enlightened
Excellent! I'm in the market for a new G2L anyways. If it comes with the same reflector on the Z2-S, I'll be VERY happy. Was going to just put a low flood malkoff on a current G2L, but I think I'll wait a bit to see what comes out.

A bit more output, runtime, and flood would really be nice. Not going to be a tint-nut or "ring" nut. Just wan't SF reliability in a package where I can get the floodiness that I lost when I upgraded my "house light" to the LX2.

sfca

Enlightened
Nope not on this one. The over all body/tailcap design looks to be staying the same, which is great for those of us that dont like buying new duty equipment every time a new flashlight we want comes out, but, According to the rep I spoke with it features a whole new integrated head design for better heat sinking, a whole new LED, and a whole new driver, so in essence this is going to be a completely different beast in familiar form.

My personal prediction is that with the appearance of the K2 TFFC "Flip Chips" in there Z2-S and S2 models we may see it in the updated LED models as well. The K2's were driven at 120 Lumens for 2+ hours for the Streamlight Scorpion LED which is why I have a sneaking suspicion that the may show up here as well.

As was mentioned in other threads there is also going to be a retrofit head for those of us that already have G2L's and 6PL's to bring us in line with the new standard (If we want to).

Heres the best part... sounds like the cost of the light is going to stay the same!!

What's a flip chip?

That's a good thing about the cost. In my opinion the OEM price for the P/Z/C/G series was a bit steep, especially in Canada. With a cpf discount it ain't so bad though.

carrot

Flashaholic
I agree with Al. I've mentioned this on numerous occasions and nobody cared.