Chipmonks

CiTY

Enlightened
Does anybody have a sure way of getting rid of chipmonks? I have a couple of families in my yard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

leddite

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
CiTY said:
Does anybody have a sure way of getting rid of chipmonks? I have a couple of families in my yard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

get a hav-a-hart style trap, bait and trap, and release them miles and miles from home. good karma. unless you do it too late in the year, and they don't have a chance to make a new burrow and store food for the winter and die of starvation. oops.

or you could poison them. variety of methods.

or you could leave them alone... if you take them out, another bunch will move in to the empty niche. you can't fight mother nature just once.

good luck.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

see if you can make a deal with Theodore, he seems to be their leader..

2dogs

Enlightened
Check the laws regarding forced relocation of the munks. It is possible to introduce a disease from one population to another. Here in Kali it is verboten. We have a skunk problem living between two creeks. It is against the law to relocate the skunks but it is legal to trap and kill them. Drowning is the preferred method.

BEWARE of Alvin, very devious little rat. I've seen him on TV.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

oh thats right, Alvin is the leader..
(Theodore is the intellectual one; glasses) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sharp

Enlightened
Well, you either scare them off with a nice,BIG light (an LC100 should do it) or a nice shotgun.
No, seriously, I got a cat for this kind of problems. Maybe you should do the same.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
2dogs said:Check the laws regarding forced relocation of the munks.
--------------------

But if you break them up, who is going to make those fruitcakes?

CiTY

Enlightened
Well, I have heard of people warning me that if you get enough of them, they could undermine your foundation, and that is a very big problem. I have found 6 holes in my yard, and probably more that I missed.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

..have we all seen "Mouse Hunt" ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
TedtheLed said:
..have we all seen "Mouse Hunt" ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"You have... <sniff sniff> ...mawuse..." - The exterminator (Christopher Walken)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan