Need a specific glue/epoxy to secure bulb

CDP930

Newly Enlightened
I doubt this is where this belongs but couldnt find a better place.

I am looking for some type of glue or expoy so I secure my bulb in my Ultrastinger better. I dont know if its something over time but if I tap my light head first down on something lightly the bulb will come out of place. I mean the actually "assembly" with the bulb, not sure how you would call it.

I suppose its kind of a strict list of what specifically I am looking for

-Something that is tolerant to high heat
-Is not completely rigid (can take bumps and not crack the adhesive loose)
-Also something that is somewhat easy to remove when a bulb change is needed.

I have thought of trying regular super glue but I figured the heat might be too much for it, plus I figured it would be TOO permanant.

Open to suggestions, thanks.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The whole lamp assembly: bulb + base is falling out?

Unless you're missing the spring that goes from the bezel to the light's body, the bulb assembly can't pop free.

I've had bulbs pop out of the plastic base.

fyrstormer

Banned
Silicone caulk is probably your best bet. It's everything-proof. However, try to solve the problem without using glue if you can, because glue is inherently messy.

CDP930

Newly Enlightened
Not the bulb from the little plastic base, thats fine. But the platic base that has the grooves in it that match up inside the head. I dont know if over the years the inside has worn down but its real easy for it to come out of the socket.

Ill give the chalk a try, dont need much. Just a little extra hold so it stays put better.