Dark Walk

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the belly is full, it's dark outside, the kids have got their lights and there's a thick cloud cover.

It's a good night for a dark walk through the gum trees.

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened
Well, the belly is full, it's dark outside, the kids have got their lights and there's a thick cloud cover.

For me when the belly gets full of a good meal it is usually nap time. :crackup:

Although after the meal could help you avoid any of the clean-up and dishes without seeming intentional. :grin2:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aren't there things in the land down under that want to eat you when it gets dark?

Just curious... Hope you had really bright lights with you... not just a Dolphin or Stock Mag, etc... :)

You Australians rock!:rock:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1, I freely admit to doing more late-evening walks now that I'm into lights. :thumbsup:

+2 My fiance and I generally get done work at the same time. But, when I end up leaving late and she gets to walk the dog at night I am pretty bummed because I don't get to play with my lights I used to hope that she would get home first so I wouldn't have to walk the pup! :devil:

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
...not just a Dolphin or Stock Mag, etc...

The kids have got stock led mags as I can't yet trust them with something really powerful or multi-mode yet.

My son who turns 8 tomorrow has asked for a TK40 for his birthday (wants one like dad's). Might start with a Quark 2AA Tactical and work up from there.

wmirag

Enlightened
My kids loved walks in the dark when they were young. When lousy outside, we'd turn off all the lights at home and play "dark house" with the monster (guess who). Eventually they graduated to my old Arc AAA's which they still have and occasionally even use.

Enjoy every minute of their childhood - I learned there's payment due when they become teens.

W.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fair suck of the sav, digger. If the kids have their lights I suggest they use them to walk around the gum trees.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bloody Kiwis, hey, how are our possums going????
:wave:

Too well - they feel quite at home (in a CPF related way, too).

0804waipu_possum.jpg

The high velocity lead poisoning works just as effectively as ever but they've wised up to playing possum in the middle of the road and don't any more. (And sadly apple shampoo isn't available now.) But at least they can be useful. Check out that price!

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast

0804waipu_possum.jpg

The high velocity lead poisoning works just as effectively as ever but they've wised up to playing possum in the middle of the road and don't any more. (And sadly apple shampoo isn't available now.) But at least they can be useful. Check out that price!
That possum in the above photo is worth around $73 NZD according to the 60 possum $4400 NZD doona cover. Thanks for the photo :twothumbs

James....:D

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast

0804waipu_possum.jpg

I've never seen a possum that looked like that before... Your possums are cool!

Here in the U.S., our possums look more plain, with bare tails and fair-colored... Nothing special, IMO.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your possums are cool!
Depends what they're doing, and when. If they unzip someone else's backpack in the middle of the night then eat the lollies (candy) that were in it, that's cool. (It hopefully taught the guy to put his bag away.) But when they hang from a branch by their back legs, pull the rope holding my rubbish bag up repeatedly then drop it enough times to dump the contents on the ground at 3am, that's not cool.

0812waipu_possum.jpg

Aussies!

This is still sort of on topic. Jash, ever seen any drop bears on your walks?

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enjoy the walk.

Now, down to flashlight business - don't recall that Matthew Quigley or Joe Harman or Crocodile Dundee ever used flashlights. Isn't it time for a good flashlight movie from Down Under, one in which there are beamshots of all sorts of things that want to eat you?

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Super-possums. Swing 'em by their tail and they'll just turn around mid swing and crawl up your arm. (Disclaimer: No one ever does that - you'd be silly to encourage an annoyed super-possum to crawl up your arm.)

Raccoons are cuter. No offense, but your naked tailed possums sound mutated.

325addict

Enlightened
So, the woods in the Netherlands are a lot safer :)

No bears or possums...

But you might find a Timmo, loaded with two flashlights, 21 different lamps, a tripod and a Workmate, as well as a dozen carton boxes and a flashlight cradle to put those lights in....

Add a digital camera with a full manual settings possibility, and you guess what...

Time has come to make a superduper shoot-out of all the lamps available for the M6 / 3X 18650 Megalennium....

It may take several months, but... once I have everything in, it will happen... a successor of the excellent "M6 shoot-out" by DM51 :whistle:

I learned a lot from that thread, and actually it was that shoot-out that told me: "you've GOT to buy at LEAST one M6!!"

Timmo.