just ordered an ITP C9r....

GSRswapandslow

Newly Enlightened
ok...so a guy on ebay had them for $29.99 SHIPPEd....so, yeah, i just bought it. I've read the reviews and compared lights, and for under $30...i just couldn't find one that'd beat it, for my purposes.

But..no, i'm at a dilemma...what batteries should i run? i was gonna just run the cr123...but i see there's rechargeable ones that'd work as well, and in the long run...i think that'd save a LOT of money.

so, what's the best, CHEAPPPPPPP route to go???

joe1512

Enlightened
It does specify use of 16340s (i.e. RCR123 3.7Volt)

I'd use Protected RCR123 batteries and pick up a charger. Its a 20 dollar investment, but then you can get a bit more output out of it as well as recharge it whenever you want. It is a 1 time expense every 3 years (how long the batteries last typically).

With normal CR123s you have to guesstimate how much runtime you have left. You kinda don't want to go on a trip with 5% juice left...

It is kind of an odd choice because you can't hardly find the C-series itp lights anymore. I think it will work out well, but there are tons of CR123 lights out there, including the smaller itp A1 (which I have on my keychain), and the larger 2xCR123 itp SC2 with infinite adjustment. Romisen makes some nice cheap CR123 lights too. So I am just surprised you were able to find ANY reviews on it or find it for sale.

Last edited:

GSRswapandslow

Newly Enlightened
...not sure how you've had trouble finding them, cause... it was easy to find lol. and there's several pages with reviews on this site, which is how i found out about them.

but where's a good place to buy the rcr123's?