Eagletac 2010 line up?

vickers214

Enlightened
Hi all,

im currently looking at buying a 1 AA flashlight and have to say im (or was) a huge Eagletac fan.
I have a p100a2 Q5 and a p10a2, and have had a t100c2 but sold it due to me being a AA battery fan:shakehead (i know!) even though it was outstanding!

So im thinking of a R2/5, preferably the 5 binned flashlight as thats what the other manufacturers are doing, and i dont want to be buying out dated emmiters.

BUT!!!!!! it appears that all the things i like about Eagletac (other than the UI) are changing for the worse.

First the styling, the PN and PC models in my opinion look ugly,its a subjective thing i know but they are!

And i was always drawn to Eagletacs LUX readings, but with the new P20a2 this has gone down a lot, i know some would say it now puts out more usable light, but every brand has a style and this isnt how its been in the past, and their other upgraded models seem to be doing the same.

The P10a and p10a2 or on clearence sales and they dont seem to be getting replaced, and these are a well regarded flashlight?

so my favorite parts LUX,styling, and popular AA are all going the distance as far as i can see, but would someone please correct me if im wrong?

Also can anyone tell me of another 1AA flashlight with the output/UI and forward clicky (anything with a clicky changing modes is out) that i could consider?

vickers214

Enlightened
OH NO ive just read the UI has changed to a reverse clicky and modes on the button!!!!!!!:sigh:
It looks like Eagletac is dead to me!

An Fenix L1T it is then

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
OH NO ive just read the UI has changed to a reverse clicky and modes on the button!!!!!!!:sigh:
It looks like Eagletac is dead to me!

An Fenix L1T it is then

That's only the PC series. As for the lower lux ratings with the new P20a2, the neutral does use an XP-E, I'd imagine that'd have good lux.

vickers214

Enlightened
Thanks for that, i do like the tint of the cool white Eagletacs a lot, but the neutral could be a good option for my biking light as its mainly on country lanes and the better colour recognition would help.