My Oldest Son May Be Following in My Footsteps

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night my 14 year old son came up to me and said he and his friend, who was staying overnight, wanted to go for a walk in the woods with flashlights. So they took a TigerLight FBOP, a Streamlight Stinger LED and a Streamlight Stinger HP. They were out for at least an hour, so I may have another potential flashaholic in the house!

Illum

Flashaholic
teach him the proper way of treating rechargeables before you decide to increase anything:thinking:

Give him a couple extra LEDs for extended excursions :thumbsup:

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, then you will possibly not be alone in the family with your interest! :D

I am definitely not alone in the interest. She has an Inova T4 (original) rechargeable that she is protective of.

Also, both of my sons each has a Mini Mag LED (2 AA version) and the Lowe's Task Force 2C.

PapaGary

Newly Enlightened
Last night my 14 year old son came up to me and said he and his friend, who was staying overnight, wanted to go for a walk in the woods with flashlights. So they took a TigerLight FBOP, a Streamlight Stinger LED and a Streamlight Stinger HP. They were out for at least an hour, so I may have another potential flashaholic in the house!
Did they smell like beer when they came back?:D

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I hope he does take an interest, but at his age I wouldn't expect it. That whole girl thing will make him forget flashlights.

Geoff

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am definitely not alone in the interest. She has an Inova T4 (original) rechargeable that she is protective of.

Also, both of my sons each has a Mini Mag LED (2 AA version) and the Lowe's Task Force 2C.

I think you can consider yourself as a lucky man! The rest of the family will not think you are strange because buying more flashlights. I just imagine the number of flashlights your house will contains in some year, when all of you will get more lights! Especially if all of you will participate CPF...:)

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't it great when you pass it on to your kids.

My 8 year old asked for a TK40 for his birthday, but I had to tell him he needs to start off with something more simple (less expensive). It's going to be a Quark AA Tactical.

My 5 year old daughter keeps nagging me to modify her maglite so it shines like dad's one with the P7 in it.

And my 3 year old wants a brighter light that makes "It go more" so she can see right up into the top of the gum trees.

This is about as good as it gets!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't it great when you pass it on to your kids.

My 8 year old asked for a TK40 for his birthday, but I had to tell him he needs to start off with something more simple (less expensive). It's going to be a Quark AA Tactical.

My 5 year old daughter keeps nagging me to modify her maglite so it shines like dad's one with the P7 in it.

And my 3 year old wants a brighter light that makes "It go more" so she can see right up into the top of the gum trees.

This is about as good as it gets!

You really have succeed to inspire your flashlight interest to your kids! :twothumbs
But I understand your problem; for several years ahead you have to pay for it...:devil:

Tuikku

Enlightened
I remember when I was a kid when I got a 4D Mag + 2AA Mag combopack as a christmas present. At that time, we used to play a lot hide-and-seek when it got dark in september. Those Mags where "the thing" back then, best you could get!! NOT sold in the shops of my village. :nana:

Think about the variety, of all sorts of cool, yet really quite affordable lights to give your kids!
It has gotten so much better, no bulb replacing, rechargeable batteries widely available. Oh boy... :)