pistol light

brizuch

Newly Enlightened
Hey all.. I am looking for a light to mount on my m&p 9.. I hear the tlr1 or the new tlr1s are the way to go because of streamlights warranty. Im looking for some advice from you aficionados' please help!!

Enlightened
You can't go wrong with the TLR-1 or new S model. It's a reliable light that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. There's also the Surefire X300. It's almost double the cost of the TLR-1. No matter what you choose, it will give you years of service.

lightplay22

Enlightened
A friend of mine just got a tlr1 for his birthday and it is a very nice product indeed. I have a veridian X5L which I mainly got for the laser and the light kinda came with it as it is not even close to the streamlight tlr1... Not enough light output and short run time (cr2 battery). The green laser is super though.

HIDblue

Enlightened
I've been using the regular TLR-1 and it's been great. Very bright beam with the C4 LED, super tough, great rocker switch, and it stays put with the assorted keys that fit particular pistol rails. I haven't had any problems with it yet, aside from having to clean the lens of powder residue.

I do like the Surefire, but the cost is way too prohibitive for basically the same thing. You can find the TLR-1 on the web for under $90, whereas, the Surefire X300 is well over $200. :grin2:

Last edited: