Has anyone tried to remove the clip from an iTP SA2?

jacktheclipper

Enlightened
I love the brightness and throw of this light as well as the size.
The holster that comes with the light is great and I always use it.
So I don't need the clip at all and besides that when you use the clip the light is tail down :(
This position would make perfect sense with a side clicky but I use this light to help me navigate my boat when night fishing and I frequently grab it and use it in a momentary fashion ( Finding markers and canals ) then reholster it .

I have a Dremel and a fair amount of dexterity :whistle: but before I try any demolition I thought I would find out if any of you fine folks have attempted this already. Maybe there is an elegant solution ? I should probably just leave the poor torch alone but I just think it would look better/more steamlined/lower drag coefficient/ without a clip . Especially one that I don't like . Anyone else feel this way?

Thanks in advance
Jacktheclipper

jacktheclipper

Enlightened
Alright so I got tired of waiting for advice from the forum and just grabbed the clip with my fingers and started bending it up and down until it broke off. As it turns out the clip is attached only at the edges and the removal only left a small slit without marring the body tube. I like the way the light looks without the clip. It's also easier to holster and now the light will fit on my bike light mount .:twothumbs

Oh and by the way lovecpf and thanks to this particular forum I have begun to explore other forums to assist me to find better outdoor products, stereo equipment, and other things and now consider forums to be the best authority on the net.....

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was typing a response when I noticed you had already done what I did ... and was gonna recommend to you.

I have the short SA1 and SC1 ..... and prefer em with no clip.

Sorry nobody responded to you in time.

But you did the right thing . I could not get the body apart where the clip attaches.
( I doubt it is threaded there)

The "S" series are all GOOD throwers for minimal price .

~

Last edited:

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did that with my Akoray K-109. It left a sharp edge that I took out with a random orbiter sander.

I later found out that it actually unscrewed at that point and I could have just lifted the clip out. It was obvious at all that the tailcap would unscrew at that point as none of my other do at that point.

All clips should be easily removable in my opinion.

Latest posts