Malkoff Wildcat Beamshots

gsnorm

Newly Enlightened
A huge thanks to Gene from his friends in Briscoe County :) for making the best belt carry flashlight, the MD3, even better!

Mugshots of the 1st Generation Wildcat (Wildcat1) on left and the 2nd Generation Wildcat (Wildcat2) on the right:

Mugshots.jpg

The wall is 13 feet from the camera.

Control.jpg

Wildcat1

Wildcat_1.jpg

Wildcat2

Smaller, more intense hotspot with significantly more flood:

Wildcat_2.jpg

For comparison the M61:

M61.jpg

Wildcat1

Wildcat1.jpg

Wildcat2

Wildcat2.jpg

So will the new brighter Wildcat drain your batteries down quicker? No! My 1st Generation Wildcat draws ~ 1.68 amps from a pair of 18500's. The new Wildcat pulls only 1.17 amps!

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for those pics gsnorm. I can't wait to get mine. The new one does look significantly more throwy than the old one. Do you notice a big difference outdoors at long range?

What battery current are you getting on low?

Thanks

Kato

Enlightened
Thanks for posting the pics!

I think I must have been under the influence of my first 750 lumen light when I posted my impressions in the other thread! :eek:

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a little informal comparison last night between my M6 with 3x17670 + M6HOR LF bulb and my MD3 Gen2. Comparisons are a little rough because of the incan vs. LED diffference and the fact that it's still white pine pollen season here so it's a little like trying to compare beams in the fog, but...

The absolute border of the spill beam on the M6 is a few degrees narrower than the Wildcat.

The center spot portion of the beam is much tighter on the M6 and the transition to the spill beam much sharper, for an overall effect of the useful beam on the Wildcat being much more useful except where extreme throw was needed. The M6 did have greater throw, probably because of the concentration of the beam in the center.

The Wildcat is an amazing light, considered from almost any perspective - output, value, size, cost. Getting 750 lumens for 1.25 hours and a low beam of ??? lumens for ~15 hours in a light that is only a little bigger than a 9P and costs less than $300 is amazing.

mosley

Newly Enlightened
Wow.......excellent beam shots.............I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat until they are available!

Thanks gsnorm.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now i really can't wait for mine to get here!

Latest posts