• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Brass LionCub Complete Set

SOLD!

SOLD: Mr. Bulk Brass LionCub Complete Set. This is an original Mr. Bulk Brass LionCub with custom parts from CPF'ers Otokoyama, ArsMachina and RPM. The set is completely mint and has been sitting in bubble wrap since I got it about four years ago. This is one of only about 80 original Brass Cubs made. The standard head is original and unmodified.

The LionCub was the successor to the LionHeart, both of which feature a light engine conceived by CPF'er Georges80 who collaborated with Mr. Bulk on several of his lights. The light engine offers the user to select from some fifty-sixty levels of light, merely by holding down the switch button as it ramps up through the levels. There are all sorts of other programming that can be done if one so chooses, such as sleep mode and lock-out.

The LionCub is made as a Lego-style light: it can handle several different cell sizes, including CR123, RCR123, 18650, 17500 and 17670. In fact, its very name, LionCub, was derived from the fact that it uses Li-Ion (Lion) cells as its primary power source. The different bodies included in this set highlight that fact.

The only aesthetic fault to the LionCub's design, in my opinion, was a weak lanyard hole drilled into the flared tail. One of the real attractions of this set is that the standard body does not have that weak lanyard hole - the tail is a solid flare all around. That's because the standard body offered with this set is a clone created by CPF's own ArsMachina, without the lanyard hole. He made at least three of these no-lanyard-hole bodies, and my two other Brass Cubs have the same clone tail.

This set includes one of the original 80 brass Cubs, as well as four other brass Cub bodies and one brass "Big Bulkhead" that turns the Cub into a throw monster. Two of the brass bodies, the knurled bodies, were created by another of Mr. Bulk's team, CPF'er Otokoyama. The smooth bodies were accessories created later by master machinist, CPF'er RPM.

Here is what's included in this set:

1. Original Brass LionCub with standard knurled no-lanyard-hole clone body
2. 18650 knurled body
3. 18500 knurled body
4. Smooth 17500 flat-end body
5. Smooth CR123/RCR123 inset body
6. Big bulkhead

PayPal cash or CC, please (no e-checks or personal gift). USPS priority shipping to CONUS destinations is included in the price. For international shipping, add $10. For US postal insurance (optional), add $5. First to state an unconditional "I'll take it" here in the thread, followed by PayPal payment, has priority. My PayPal address is in my profile.

$450, SOLD!

IMG_3708.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

IMG_3710.jpg

IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

Last edited:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Brass LionCub Complete Set

All of these brass lights are coming out after I asked, got no response so I bought something else. :mecry: :broke:

That is a great looking set up.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

If not for all the optional components, I would certainly be interested.

shuter

Enlightened

Beautiful set Troy. Something about it looks familiar. :) I'm sure it would have been sold by now but everyone is out doing family things today. Some lucky person will soon see it. I can't even tell you how many people have PM'd me trying to buy one of my sets.

Beautiful set Troy. Something about it looks familiar. :) I'm sure it would have been sold by now but everyone is out doing family things today. Some lucky person will soon see it. I can't even tell you how many people have PM'd me trying to buy one of my sets.
Thanks Gale! I know it'll sell easily. Not too worried. :D

vx000

Enlightened

Whew! I should always just post "I'll take it" when I see you post. Thinking about it is dangerous. :)

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow. Still suprised you're letting this go. I though you were the King of Brass Troy?