Pockets for stuff

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
seeing the thread on Sasha's Avatar remided me of something.

I carry alot of gadgets as I assume many on this site do. Along time ago I saw an ad for a wool coat with 17 pockets, it did look very nice and professional but I lost the ad.

Now there are those photo jornalalist vests but they look very wrong for some environments.

I think there should be clothing for those of us that carry lots of things at diffent times of the year. Now of course in the winter we need more pockets cuz of things like gloves and such along with our gadgets.

there are some pocketed things out there but they look a bit too military or police for some environments

jtice

Flashaholic
I have a phot vest with over 20 pockets. Helps on days i have alot of small things to carry, but dont want to carry a bag, or backpack.

web page

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
The photo vest would be nice for some environments but not for others. I am thinking about some stuff that is not as obvious.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a nice old utility vest - the problem was weight. I also carry a LOT of stuff, and the weight made my back hurt, literally. So I decided to cut down on my stuff and work with Dockers Mobile Pant. They are great, while still looking professional. Try them.

Dan

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dockers Mobile Pants...are they good for buisness casual? do they look like regular dockers?

also, has anyone seen the multi pocket wool coat?

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out this review of the Docker's Mobile Pant. If you need to look respectable (luckily I don't and can wear BDU's and Cargo Shorts to work) these may be the pants for you! Although the guy in the review needs to learn how to use an Iron! I have seen a more dressed up version in grey wool under the other Levi's brand "Slates" too but have been unable to find it on line.

Docker's review

The Scott e-Vest is something that is kinda casual but non military in looks with lots of EDC potential too.
Scott eVest review

Finally anything by Royal Robbins is pretty cool but the 511 series stuff is just made for the gear junkie.

Royal Robbins 511 series clothing

I like Cargo pockets on stuff but I don't like loose gear in cargo pockets so I like some of the small bags by Spec-ops (dry cell organizer and checkbook wallet and some other products are cool!) meant to fit into cargo type pockets, or I just like internal pockets that fit my stuff perfectly, I have a pair of cargo shorts by American Eagle Outfitters that have a pen and another small pocket that fits my C2 perfectly inside the right cargo pocket, but they are extremely distressed style shorts meant for bumming around in your flipflops good for beach days.

Spec-ops brand Dry cell On Board organizer

One of my favorite jackets is a British Army surplus DPM camo ripstop SASS Recce smock which has all sorts of pockets (four large cargo, two zippered slash with pen slots and you can carry tons of stuff in it. They are cool and I would like to have the SASS Kit Karry Smock (sixteen pockets) in black ripstop but they are very expensive brand new. I think they make the US BDU jackets look kind of pathetic, extremely well designed.

SASS gear

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
tsg>thanks for the links. I will give the pants a try, if they work out...I might change to that. The evest looks good to. Now if I can find the 17 pocket wool dress coat.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have been looking for a certain photo jacket I saw years ago and haven't been able to find on the net.. It had, literally, over a hundred pockets, no velcro, only zippers and buttons, and had flaps sewn on with more pockets that folded in underthe jacket..maybe it was a Domke, maybe a Lowe..

anyone seen it?

Saaby

Flashaholic
That guy lies about the pockets...sorta...

It depends on the side of Mobile Pants. I have 2 sizes. The smaller has 2 leg pockets but only 1 vault pocket. The larger has 2 vault pockets but only 1 leg pocket.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're right Saaby, the Slates grey wool pants I saw (didn't have my size, dang it) had two seam pockets and one vault pocket on the right side, the opposite of what the reviewer states about his Dockers. I don't know if this is size specific or not though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I wish they made them in flat fronts though because I hate pleats, they make tall svelte folks like myself look like I've got kangaroo haunches.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
let see, cellphone, tactical light, pocket camera, voice recorder,spyderwrench, pocketknife, pen, carkeys, primary firearm, backup firearm, spare ammo, snacks, wallet, change, tactical light, area light, tight beam light, batteries, kleenex, plus seasonal stuff and special for that trip stuff. some will be on the belt but definately need pockets

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jon, sound like you need to hire a personal assistant, a Sherpa maybe, to help carry your EDC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I pack alot of gear myself but I usually carry a messenger bag or a pack depending on how long I'm out or what tools I need with me. Firearms are a non-option here in NYC due to those who think they know best for everyone!

JOshooter

Enlightened
I used to have a pair of pants with so many pockets there were pockets inside pockets! But then I lost some and now I'm stuck with pants that have 5 pockets. I miss those pants.

Saaby

Flashaholic
My real problem is I hate to have more than 1 thing in a pocket, IE Flashlight and Cell in same pocket.

Typical carry for me is:
Keys, McLux, Arc AAA, 2 extra AAAs in Kydex holder, Pencil, Wallet, Money Clip (Sometimes), Cell (Sometimes)

When I have my cell I need cargos because I have keys in left, McLux in right and I don't want to stick Cell in either of those pockets.

PocketPC but it is *NEVER* carried in pocket. Too much risk for screen breakage.

Y2Kirk1028

Enlightened
Those dockers are great! Especally if you get em at BJ's for half the price of retail stores.

I can carry my cell, pda, wallet, keys, leatherman, Arc Ls, Arc AAA, E2E and still look like I'm wearing normal dockers. I just have to keep telling everyone in the office "YES, for the nth time, that IS a flashlight in my pocket..." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
After reading about the Dockers Mobile Pant in tsg's post above, I called my wife who happened to be shopping at Macy's (for clothes, what else?) and guess what? They had a two-for-one sale going on, and guess double what? THEY HAD DOCKERS MOBILE SHORTS!!! Here in Hawaii (especially in summer) shorts are the ticket, and I am now the proud new owner of several.

Thanks for the tip!