SureFire E1B McR-19XR Mod

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Been a while since I've been asked to mod a small SF & I miss them. He's a simple one I thought was pretty cool that I just finished.

Hope the owner enjoys! :wave:

-SureFire E1B
-Cree XR-E R2 WH
-Modified McR-19XR

Img_8094.jpg

Img_8059.jpg

Img_8048.jpg

Centering ring for the emitter.
Img_8046.jpg

Reflowed onto the stock PCB.
Img_8044.jpg

Img_8021.jpg

Img_8084.jpg

Img_8014.jpg

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know why this never got any responses, but that is once clean mod. :thumbsup: Man, I wish you were still offering mod services. I'd love to have an E1B with a k2 tffc!

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
REALLY! I'd love to see an E1B with a reflector and an XPG R5....

This mod uses an XR-E R2:thumbsup:

R2 = More Throw
XP-G = looks good behind the stock TiR Optic ( I tried)

I have seen XR-E R2's now hit 300~400 OTF, so no need for XP-G with less throw and a slight chance of green tint. Yes; the XP-G is ligh years more efficient, but throw is king.

bigC

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
bigC, how does the K2 TFFC compare to the XP-G and XR-E?

I do not want to hijack this awesome thread,but here it goes..

The K2 TFFC mod similar to this one by AaronM I had it do 13k lux at 1 meter:D It was 260ish OTF at 1.3A or so at the LED.

DarkZero,

How is the throw on this R2 E1b reflector vs. Surefire Tir Optic?
More throw?
Less Throw?
better beam?

Thanks,
bigC

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I do not want to hijack this awesome thread

Not much of a thread, you guys are the only ones here. ;)

By all means continue on, I don't mind it going off topic, valuable information is always welcome. :thumbsup:

DarkZero,

How is the throw on this R2 E1b reflector vs. Surefire Tir Optic?
More throw?
Less Throw?
better beam?

Too be honest I don't remember much of the differences between the two, mainly the TIR. This is the first time I've ever had my hands on a E1B head & the first I've ever had a SF Cree TIR combo.

I do remember that I like the beam of the reflector much more as it was cleaner & more useful IMO. Even if the TIR had more throw (I assume it did) I would have prefered the reflector. I'm a fan of throw as well but I also like to have spill which is very useful. I'm not a fan of most optics including ones like the SF's TIR as there really isn't any useful sidespill.

It was the owner who choose to go with a reflector in this one & as noted above I would have agreed. The beam is pretty much the same as any Mcgizmo running a XR-E & McR-17XR.

I wish I was able to send this one to you for testing but I was not the owner & it is now back home in Japan. Maybe the next one I will send to you if you are up for it. :grin2:

Last edited:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not much of a thread, you guys are the only ones here. ;)

By all means continue on, I don't mind it going off topic, valuable information is always welcome. :thumbsup:

Glad to know I wasn't veering us too much of course. :)

Maybe the next one I will send to you if you are up for it. :grin2:

If you're referring to mine, you can send it to bigC once it's done. ;) :laughing: