McModule Owner

desmondpun

Newly Enlightened
If you try to "resolder" the Luxeon, make sure the +ve solder point is very flat and not touching the reflector. Otherwise, it will short circuit and kill the regulator. Please don't ask me why I have to resolder the Luxeon, I am still crying.

fb8042e2.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Y2Kirk1028

Enlightened
Cheer up Des,
I know how you feel, I can never leave well enough alone either... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Cut off!

(Desi your e-mail is down, but I've sent another message to your alternate addy -- did you get it?).

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
And in case you do not get the e-mail message, I'll say it here: we can save your McModule (especially that rare and lovely W3 emitter), but you'll have to send it back...

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is how I thought this would go.

When you are a Mr. Bulk alumna or alumnus you have attained some valuable parchment.

Warrantee? Naw, he doan need no more stinkin' warrantees.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Icebreak thanks, but little does Desi know that for being so honest (resoldered it himself) we will have to charge him for the work (mainly removing the fried board and installing a new one, without harming the W3V)...

desmondpun

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Mr. Bulk. I have received your email. The W3V is unharmed and healthy. Great to hear that you are willing to save my little baby. Charge me, penalize me, torture me, I deserve it.

fb7f99ba.jpg

I promise, I will never do it again.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
CUUUTEEEEEE.
Dude, you got an angel there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

edit: Ups, out of topic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

lightbulb

Newly Enlightened
Would there be a problem if you just coat the bottom of the reflector to prevent it from conducting?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The counterbore on the face of the module is deep enough that the shoulder of the module *should* keep the rear of the reflector from contacting the solder connections on the LED. Nail polish or a liquid electrical tape can also be applied to the solder connections if there is a concern for shorting out the leads. The new DownBoy converters are instantly killed if the LED leads are shorted to ground.

- Don