Need help finding a titanium light

Brian321

Enlightened
So i all of the sudden got the urge to buy my first Titanium light. My problem is that i dont know what is out there.

I would like to keep it around $100.

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

seahunt

Enlightened
Hello!
Try a little magic for low $$: Quark Mini 123 Ti.
Highly recommended.
Regards, Chuck

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello!
Try a little magic for low $$: Quark Mini 123 Ti.
Highly recommended.
Regards, Chuck

This is really an excellent suggestion. You can't go wrong with a Quark Mini Titanium. :cool:

29wliyv.jpg

:grin2:

carrot

Flashaholic
There are very few titanium lights under $100 worth owning. I'd say the Quarks are definitely among them.

Brian321

Enlightened
Anything besides the Quarks? I just ordered a Quark mini earlier today but got the AL version in warm white.

Id hate to have to order another one in Ti Not even knowing if im gonna like the first one yet. :(

I might be able to spend a little more for the right light but it would have to be worth it.

Please suggest any Ti light you guys like that cost under $300. I am trying to find out whats out there as i am currently unaware.

Thanks,
Brian

Incidentalist

Enlightened
I'd grab a Volere from Steve Ku over in the marketplace.

There are also still a few Xeno Ti Cube's available. These are brand new and haven't even shipped yet, but the SS versions are nice lights and these will be even nicer with the polished Ti finish.

Other than those the 4Sevens Preons are nice and so is the IlluminaTi from Battery Junction if you like AAA lights.

:wave: from a fellow St. Louis area resident!

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
I might be able to spend a little more for the right light but it would have to be worth it.

Please suggest any Ti light you guys like that cost under $300. I am trying to find out whats out there as i am currently unaware.

Thanks,
Brian

Try the Muyshondt Aeon in titanium...

An affordable piece of perfection...

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Unlike most people here i cannot suggest the Quark Ti!

I ordered one a month ago and i received one with pretty bad machining quality and 4sevens is ignoring me high and low.

I bet if you do get a pretty one its great and all, but if you don't you're stuck with a ugly duckling you're out of luck!

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
Fireworm FO1-$68.00 (CR2 battery ) or FI- $100 ( 18650 battery) are both good quality products and come in at your price level.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~
A search for Titanium (in title) returns 11 pages of results for study .

That would get you more familiar with what's available.

Also search the MarketPlace forum .

~

easilyled

Flashaholic
If you're considering a Ti light in the $300 level, Mac's Ti EDC SST-50 is hard to beat. The quality is excellent in every respect including the grade of Titanium used.

I'm not sure if he's doing any more runs of this, but they appear in Custom B/S/T every now and then.

carrot

Flashaholic
If you're considering a Ti light in the $300 level, Mac's Ti EDC SST-50 is hard to beat. The quality is excellent in every respect including the grade of Titanium used.

I'm not sure if he's doing any more runs of this, but they appear in Custom B/S/T every now and then.
You are right, Mac is offering a Ti light at a fraction of what he could/should charge for the kind of work he is doing. It's another excellent choice in the $300 range.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on what you are looking for, one of Fred's (Photonfanatic) Ti Killers would be a great first Ti light. I may be biased because it was mine, but he has a variety of finishes available. Check his sales threads on the Custom B/S/T.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
So i all of the sudden got the urge to buy my first Titanium light. My problem is that i dont know what is out there.

I would like to keep it around $100.

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

I'd suggest to study first what is available, but don't stop at 100$. If the urge is too big, just buy a MiNi Titanium, can't go wrong with that one, but the only difference to a normal MiNi is only bling-bling that scratches easily and gritty threads.

Real titanium lights cost money, they are not made of titanium just to be titanium, but because their creator wants to built a light for life. One of those is the McGizmo XP-G, available in classic cool white as well as in neutral white now, brushed finish or artistic bead blasting, short 123 body or 2 x AA body. That's a light which you buy because it is one of the greatest lights available, not because it's made of titanium.

Mac's EDC SST50 has been mentionned, that's a very great light as well, powerfull and best built quality, the 5th run should be made soon, available in 6500K or 4500K if you manage to secure one...

Brian321

Enlightened
I'd grab a Volere from Steve Ku over in the marketplace.

There are also still a few Xeno Ti Cube's available. These are brand new and haven't even shipped yet, but the SS versions are nice lights and these will be even nicer with the polished Ti finish.

Other than those the 4Sevens Preons are nice and so is the IlluminaTi from Battery Junction if you like AAA lights.

:wave: from a fellow St. Louis area resident!

That Xeno cube looks pretty neat. Are they good quality?

Thanks for all the great answers, Its very hard to decide with all the good choices out there.

Thanks,
Brian

easilyled

Flashaholic
That Xeno cube looks pretty neat. Are they good quality?

Thanks for all the great answers, Its very hard to decide with all the good choices out there.

Thanks,
Brian

The best grade of Ti is 6Al/4V (Grade 5). Its much stronger than commercially pure (Grade 2) Ti.

Some CPFers have stated that even when lights are claimed to be Grade 5 or 6AL/4V, when their origin is from the Far East, its unlikely that the composition will be the same as it is when its sourced from the US.

I would imagine that as pretty as the Xeno Cube is, the Titanium its made from is not as strong as it is in Mac's SST-50 or McGizmo's Haiku.

However it may be more than strong enough for your needs and budget.