Fenix Outfitters        
Page 255 of 259 FirstFirst ... 155205245248249250251252253254255256257258259 LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,650 of 7752

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Been dog sitting which means dog walking, some at night. Been using my recently aquired acebeam ec65 nichia. First really flooded ive had and I love it for this task. Really makes it easy to see what the dog is doing with minimal need to point it. Plus high and turbo make nice hand warmers on a cold rainy night like this. Love the light and its 21700 format with usb c charging like my phone. Still think I prefer a mixed with a hot spot and some throw to it but I'm quite happy with this anyway.

Like most nights I clip an Olight to my cap while walking my dog.

My daughter was born a week ago (hurray!!!) and everyone is healthy after momma had to deal with a spinal headache as a complication of the epidural. We've been having a blast with the baby, and we've been using the Emisar D4vn on moonlight as a nightlight for checking on her if she wakes us up at night.

Quote Originally Posted by blah9 View Post
    My daughter was born a week ago (hurray!!!) and everyone is healthy after momma had to deal with a spinal headache as a complication of the epidural. We've been having a blast with the baby, and we've been using the Emisar D4vn on moonlight as a nightlight for checking on her if she wakes us up at night.
    Hey! Congrats! Enjoy her as she is now. Before she becomes a rebellious teen who say's she hates you, and the boys start showing up at the door to date her.

When that happens, here's an idea.... Invite them in, sit them down, and have a talk with them about just how precious and special your little girl is to you. And how you expect him to be a gentleman on their date. Now be sure to do this while cleaning the biggest gun that you own! Smile at him, often. In a sinister clown kinda way. Or, if you don't have a gun, buy a nice large Bowie knife. Something with at least a 9 1/2 inch blade on it. Then get one of those really cheap sharpening stones. The ones that are grey on one side, and greyer on the other.

Make sure to sharpen your Bowie knife dry! With plenty of scraping sounds. Just back and forth on both sides of the blade. Maybe pull out a bloody rag to wipe down the blade before realizing it's red and saying you need to toss it into the washing machine. Now, after quite a bit of experimenting (I collect and use fountain pens) I have noticed that Sheaffer Red ink (far more than other red inks from other brands) is the absolute closest red ink that resembles blood. In a few years, get you a bottle of it. You won't regret it.

If the boy asks about the rag, just say that often one conversation with a young suitor is enough. Sometimes though a 2nd one is required. And those 2nd ones never turn out well. Let him know it was too bad you had to have a 2nd conversation just a little while ago with "Steve." If he asks, "Whose Steve?" You reply: "Don't worry about it. We don't talk about Steve anymore."

Oh and if you're just not intimidating-looking enough, get a good friend or relative to help with that. I literally look like the Psycho from the film "Full Metal Jacket." Heck, I sometimes intimidate others without genuinely even trying. You'd literally be amazed how many times good friends have asked me to come over to have a talk with boys who want to date their daughters. They either ask me to bring one of my Bowie knives, or.... Let's just say that few things in Life are as satisfying as talking to a young man, while cleaning dad's borrowed revolver. And then asking if he's ever played Russian Roulette. And then asking if he's sure he doesn't want to play while speaking in fluent Russian!

I'm telling you, the look on their face can only be described as Absolute Horror! Ah.... not that I'm saying I've done anything like that, mind you. Just saying........
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Last edited by Poppy; 10-05-2018 at 05:11 AM.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Congrats blah and mrs blah

Thats awesome monocrom, i like the way you think! I cant really type what i have told Madison if any boys come around, it does involve an axe though

^ I have 2 of them. Both babies right now 3yr/7months. I dread it haha
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

My daughter just used her E01vn to inspect my mouth. I was told I have monsters and ghosts in there and that I need to chew them up and spit them through my ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by Bigburly912 View Post
    My daughter just used her E01vn to inspect my mouth. I was told I have monsters and ghosts in there and that I need to chew them up and spit them through my ceiling
    Could have been worse......................could have used one of your HDS lights and took your teeth out

That’s very true. It can always be worse. I was more shocked that my mouth was full of monsters and ghosts than anything. You’d think I’d have felt them in there. I haven’t had my whole face go numb since college. Haha

Thanks everyone!

Yes, congrats Blah.

I used my 325 HDS to light the crawl space under the stage to find an old amplifier to use as a prop in our next show, Sally Potter and the Trousers of Doom.
    I wasn't amazed at the wonderful tint, the beamshape or the output. All I cared about was the fact that it wasn't going to crap out on me and leave me in a very dark tight space.
    P

Bones with throw optic and md2 m61 to light up parts of the garden comparing beams.........................for no other reason.
    md2

Bones

md2

bones

As always, trusty h2r(second one after the 1st dropped 20ft+) which is used daily, 5 days a week

faffing around with ios12 pic options

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Congrats blah and mrs blah

Thats awesome monocrom, i like the way you think! I cant really type what i have told Madison if any boys come around, it does involve an axe though

They make puck-shaped sharpeners for axes. I know. I have one.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

haha, i would never have thought otherwise. Hope all is good your way Monocrom Would imagine it getting cooler now in NY. I still need to get there for a long weekend , have a plan hopefully for 2020 to take the kids. For now, swinging around NYC / central park on spiderman(ps4) will have to do

Used these 3 last night, mainly the tk75vnQ70 for fun out back. Lit everything up and made the small garden as day.

Thank you, yes things are going well for now and I'm very happy not to sweat to death at my night shift job.

Almost forgot.... Used my Powertac E2 (single-AA light) on high mode to check a cluttered storage box top for a specific custom-made ballpoint pen. Still took awhile to find it.
    Last edited by Monocrom; 10-07-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Used my Tool 2.0 at full blast to check under the table at the restaurant where we had dinner right before we left for just about 1.2 seconds.

Well, that was not today, but yesterday. My wifie asked to buy some milk and ice cream too late. Too late in two respects -- it was too dark already and I have improved my perception of the universe with beer. Thus driving was not an option that time.

OK, I equipped myself with an Elzetta B143 and a 2-cell Surefire Fury and took a walk. Enjoyed Elzetta as the main light. With a 16650 cell being on high all the way it became barely warm. What a thought out engineering! Yes, I definitely do not hunt for super lumens any more. Super functionality -- this is a sweet spot for me now.

Used the Fury a couple of times, but it was not so pleasant to my eyes in situation when all you need is to see the path several yards in front of you.

You'll be saying you're a tint snob next.
    Welcome.
    P

Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    Well, that was not today, but yesterday. My wifie asked to buy some milk and ice cream too late. Too late in two respects -- it was too dark already and I have improved my perception of the universe with beer. Thus driving was not an option that time.

OK, I equipped myself with an Elzetta B143 and a 2-cell Surefire Fury and took a walk. Enjoyed Elzetta as the main light. With a 16650 cell being on high all the way it became barely warm. What a thought out engineering! Yes, I definitely do not hunt for super lumens any more. Super functionality -- this is a sweet spot for me now.

Used the Fury a couple of times, but it was not so pleasant to my eyes in situation when all you need is to see the path several yards in front of you.
    I'd like to propose a toast to improved perception, adequate lumens, super functionality, and cheerful neutral beam tints.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    I'd like to propose a toast to improved perception, adequate lumens, super functionality, and cheerful neutral beam tints.
    I'll drink to that.

Cheers!

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

I used my PD35 to navigate safely around a dimly lit catwalk.

Enlightened

Still using my D25LC2 as a bike-light. It is quickly getting darker earlier again so now I have a good excuse to EDC a flashlight. I always do ofcourse, now my excuse is just better

I used my tk75 and r50vn on tail stand when installing my flooring at my house I just bought. The wife is using our light stand for paining downstairs and we took down all of the light fixtures upstairs and have yet to install new lights. So I put my flashlights to use successfully!
    TK75, SC600 MK III HI, X45, Catapult v6, R50VN, PD35, RC09, TN12, 2 Mini Mags, Coleman Lantern, 3D LED Mag, ML25, Solitaire, HID Spotlight and hopefully more to come!

Finally!!! Darkness.

Remanents of hurricane Michael blasted through my area taking out hundreds of thousands of peoples power. So here I am on night #2 in darkness...
    Well kinda, as Mrs. Fixer is crochet-ing a Christmas present to my right by the light of a tail standing 3D Maglite ML300 on low.

In the background is the sounds of neighbors Briggs & Stratton powered generators. Ugh! Power out used to mean urban camping. Now it means "TURN OFF THAT #@$& GENERATOR!!!

We have Maglites like that one scattered throughout the house. If power doesn't return soon we'll use Yuji'd minimags and 1D Rayovacs along with a slew of low powered, long running $5 even bad flashlights aint bad flashlights.

I use jar candles too but after a while pumpkin, spiced cookie, cloves, orange slice, etc aromas all mixed together becomes annoying.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 10-12-2018 at 07:23 PM.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Finally!!! Darkness.

Remanents of hurricane Michael blasted through my area taking out hundreds of thousands of peoples power. So here I am on night #2 in darkness...
    Well kinda, as Mrs. Fixer is crochet-ing a Christmas present to my right by the light of a tail standing 3D Maglite ML300 on low.

In the background is the sounds of neighbors Briggs & Stratton powered generators. Ugh! Power out used to mean urban camping. Now it means "TURN OFF THAT #@$& GENERATOR!!!

We have Maglites like that one scattered throughout the house. If power doesn't return soon we'll use Yuji'd minimags and 1D Rayovacs along with a slew of low powered, long running $5 even bad flashlights aint bad flashlights.

I use jar candles too but after a while pumpkin, spiced cookie, cloves, orange slice, etc aromas all mixed together becomes annoying.
    2nd night with no power? Sucks but at least your putting good use to those lights
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Solitaire LED

Not bad.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    ........... but after a while pumpkin, spiced cookie, cloves, orange slice, etc aromas all mixed together becomes annoying.
    Sounds like a bad recipe for youe vaping device.
    P

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    Sounds like a bad recipe for youe vaping device.
    P
    Good one! it sure does.

Stay safe, it boggles the mind how crazy it has got. Light is light in an emergency, $5 or $50 is still light. Thoughts with you all effected.

Used the little warm light from the cl20 on low, to keep an eye on a baby dove. It was out in the wind/rain and appeared to not be well most of the day. Not much i could do other than make more comfortable as it got weaker. So brought inside conservatory out of the weather where it lied on its side for a couple of hours before passing.

Page 255 of 259 FirstFirst ... 155205245248249250251252253254255256257258259 LastLast