ArmyTek        
Page 274 of 274 FirstFirst ... 174224264267268269270271272273274
Results 8,191 to 8,215 of 8215

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    I was sleeping like a baby at 5:30am

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    5:30AM is when Madd went outside. He woke up a lot earlier. No wonder he's MADD!
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Flashaholic

Seemed like a good night for some home made tomato soup, I had to look in the dark shadows in the back of the pantry, Oh yeah, you know I did it, S1 Baton to the rescue!

Tuesday is put-out-the-trash-curbside night, but I can never remember if the recycling bin goes out also. There is an across-the-street neighbor who always knows, so I used my SF C2 with an AW 17670 (time to get a 16650 in there) with a no-name 3.7v P60 clone to check out how many bins are on his side of the street. Kudos to people with good memories!

Default What did you use your flashlight for today?

Speaking of trash. Itís 3:57am. 20 minutes ago I thought I was being robbed. Turned out a black bear decided this 15 degree morning would be perfect to snatch my trash bin off the porch. My catahoula is trying to get loose to go get after it and Iím trying to keep the peace. Another great morning in the woods of Virginia. Why oh why wont our bears hibernate. Illumination courtesy of olight mini intimidator because itís the closest thing I had available.

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1579683658.225560.jpg
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

I put on a pair of 1990's sneakers and other attire I've had all those years and went walking with a stock white A2 Aviator pretending it had just been introduced. My brain was pondering how people experiencing one back then would be thinking "my gosh, LED tech sure has come a long way". I know I sure would have, but my first experience with one was not until around 2016.
    Never used the bright as the LED array was plenty.
    John 3:16

Walking around in a construction site today, we turned a corner and wound up in an unlit room. Some of the team turned on their cellphone flashlights, but then I lit up the area with my PD-36R. It also helped me avoid tripping over stuff.
    Last edited by PhotonWrangler; 02-02-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Used Armytek Wizard Pro Warm during a walk in the woods.
    Later I made a comparison near my home between Fenix PD35 TAC and Fenix PD35 V2.0

My HDS served me and my family very well at the Strategic Air Command museum. By the time we were 1/2 way thru the tour we had 6 or seven kids tagging along with us so they could see up into the planes that were not lit.

The Pied Piper of Nebraska.
    P
    "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    The Pied Piper of Nebraska.
    P
    It probably looked like that! Those kids were so much fun and all wanted a flashlight of their own by the end of the tour. Kinda makes me want to keep a handful of cheap give away lights in my bag...

Today I used my TK09 XP-L HI to defend myself from an attack by stray dogs (4 dogs)
    I was walking in the woods but it was still not dark, there was still 30 minutes to sunset.
    The light did not seem to have an effect but the strobe worked, with it they went away.
    They tried to come again after a few minutes but I chased them away again with the strobe.
    In the past I happened to be attacked by dogs in the dark and the flashlight was useful, today I did not know if with the daylight it would help me.
    I had a Wizard Pro and also a Viking hanging from the neck but I took out the Fenix that I wore the belt (it is throw)

That is frightening! Glad you were able to keep them away with the light. A stray dog ran up to me last summer in the dark and wasn't deterred by a bright light, so maybe strobe would have been more effective.

I showed my future brother-in-law how fun it is to use my Fenix TK75vnkt and Acebeam X45vn since he told me he really enjoys flashlights. Very fun.

Showed up to help a buddy get some stuff out of a storage unit ( yep I drive a pickup). I get there and he is standing in the middle of this 25 x 25 unlit storage unit trying to find the boxes he is after with a cigarette lighter. He says ď wife asked me if I remembered to take a light and I said why? Clay will have one...Ē

Which one? Laughs I used my Maglite AA LED Pro+ to work on a Mercedes soft top then install some brakes. I used my MagTac Rechargable to then look em over. (I need a little more light for inspecting and I almost always use my pro+ on low to get a month from the batteries)

I used my d4v2 to warm some butter so it would spread on my toast better.

Unenlightened

Checked reactivity in about 120 pupils...

Flashaholic*

Mostly been using my Olight SR1 Baton II, and my Zebralight SC64w for my morning walks to work.

(although,once my new Zebralight SC700d I ordered arrives...there'll be a flashlight fistfight between my SC64w and the SC700d for EDC duty..)

I used my PD36R to safely navigate in a dimly lit construction area.

Lately I've been carrying a SOG Dark Energy light, the DE 05.

A 2x123 thrower that touts 550 lumens from 2015. I'd speculate the tint is around 6200-6300 as it is bleach white with no hint of blue in the beam.
    It's actually a pretty nice tactical number you click on the high and half press for an approximate 250 lumen medium and about a 50 lumen low. Being a thrower the low is pretty potent so I mostly use that on my evening strolls. Being cold weather time it dangles by my side strapped around my glove via a Maglite wrist strap that seems made for giant hands. So it easily slides over a gloved hand. With it dangling loosely it tends to swing in random circles, which puts out an attention getting beam onto pavement. When needed for distance lighting it easily lights objects on low at 75 feet with a quick flick of the wrist into my palm. A quick drop and it's back to an attention getter again.
    The extra length and sturdy wrist strap make it a great centrifugal item if need be too.

I don't see SOG lights mentioned here. I suppose because they are nothing special but retail priced like they are. I got this one at a good discount at a safety supply store where I buy all my personal protection equipment for work. It reminds me of a cross between a PK FL2 and a Streamlight Pro Tac. Being a thrower I find it very handy in a world of heavy light pollution where I live. I suppose when the temps get back to warmer my nightly lights tints will be too.

That's a nice looking light.
    I only have one 2 CR123 light a Thrunite 2C. It is used so infrequently that the batteries may last ten years. But I wonder, what to do with depleted but not dead cells?
    Just making conversation, because I'll throw mine out.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    I only have one 2 CR123 light a Thrunite 2C. It is used so infrequently that the batteries may last ten years. But I wonder, what to do with depleted but not dead cells?
    Just making conversation, because I'll throw mine out.
    I donít like throwing out cells that have any juice in them, even if they donít have enough to power a flashlight anymore.
    So I built some little 1x CR123 vampires, that provide a nice, warm white nightlight. They run the cell down all the way to ~zero and provide a nice bedside light while doing it.

Unenlightened

I use them every night on moonlight mode to check on my newborn. Also use it for finding snacks in the middle of the night.

Discovered a hole in one of the heat exchanger pipes in our pellet stove.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

That sounds expensive?
    P
    "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.

A Solar Force L2M with 1/2 the body removed was/is a great one to place a P60 module with a Yuji LED to get hours from near depleted 123's.
    Or one of those old fivemega 18350 bodies and 6P parts (with a Yuji).

I use a flashlight so often these days to add lighting nearly every day it's just too many to say. Day and night these days.
    Last edited by bykfixer; Yesterday at 08:35 PM.

Page 274 of 274 FirstFirst ... 174224264267268269270271272273274