The Fenix-Store        
Page 276 of 277 FirstFirst ... 176226266269270271272273274275276277 LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,280 of 8289

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Ironic Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

used my Streamlight Strion DS Compact Dual-Switch Flashlight for work inspecting vehicles

boring....

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Replaced a kitchen sink with a kohler brand cast iron sink and new faucet. Used my flashlight to keep an eye for leaks after all was done.

Also to keep an eye after fixing a toilet that was leaking into the basement every time they flushed. New wax, new bolts and itís like new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used my PD36R to see what I was doing while working on a LIU (fiber optics patch panel) in a dimly lit communications rack.

Went to the folks' house last weekend, and after waving the Emisar D1S around happened to sweep the sky and catch a bat flying around. Tracked the bat and noticed there were a lot of bats flying around. Spent about 10 minutes watching the antics of seemingly a dozen bats going about the process of selecting insects out of existence and possibly initiating the process of bringing new bats into existence.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Flashaholic*

Haven't had to use my lights for walking down to work...since the sun is now coming up earlier.

But,I've been using my Olight SR1 II,my Zebralight SC700d,and my Lumintop Tool(with a 14500) to charge up my Casio GShock watch.

(it's solar-charged.)

On Saturdays,I use my Zebralight SC64w to check the washer and dryer while doing my laundry,so I don't leave any clothes behind.

Took a road trip to the badlands last week. Decided to watch the sunset from the top of saddle pass. When the sun went down I stayed up for some night photography of the comet. Used my zebra sc64wHi on moonlight setting up my shots. There was anoter family with a young daughter in the area as well. After a couple hours they decided to go down. I overheard then saw all they had were phones to light the way down. Saddle pass is a somewhat tricky and slipper climb even in full sun let alone a dark night. As they started walking down I hit turbo on the 64 and shined from the high point to give them some ambient light. I follwed them with the spot till they got all the way down. When they did they yelled a thank you to me and I went about my photography. Glad I had that one with me. Used my 52w headlamp to get myself down.

Quote Originally Posted by Repsol600rr View Post
    Took a road trip to the badlands last week. Decided to watch the sunset from the top of saddle pass. When the sun went down I stayed up for some night photography of the comet. Used my zebra sc64wHi on moonlight setting up my shots. There was anoter family with a young daughter in the area as well. After a couple hours they decided to go down. I overheard then saw all they had were phones to light the way down. Saddle pass is a somewhat tricky and slipper climb even in full sun let alone a dark night. As they started walking down I hit turbo on the 64 and shined from the high point to give them some ambient light. I follwed them with the spot till they got all the way down. When they did they yelled a thank you to me and I went about my photography. Glad I had that one with me. Used my 52w headlamp to get myself down.
    If we got a nickel every time a muggle thought his phone flash would be enough out in the boonies, and found out the hard way that it is NOT enough... Good on you for protecting the family and most importantly, the kid. She doesn't deserve to be hurt because of the ignorance of her grownups

As for me, nothing today yet. Quarantine has really put a damper on my light usage. Even white wall hunting has gotten old.

Disassembling and unclogging the sink, nothing reallyglamorous.. and the smell has burned itself into my nose! But at least, one of my flashlights proved itself useful, something you don't get every day when you're working from home in a flat in a big city.

dropped my sunglasses in the car. flashlight revealed a little hole between seat and kick panel. Too bright out to see in that shady spot.

I used my PD36R to peer into the innards of an oddball connector so I could figure out what kind of tool I needed to work with it.

Took a pair of flashlights for a walk tonight. A SOG D55 and Energizer Hard Case. The sky was clear, the moon was full and there really was not much need for a flashlight except under trees. Both stayed on low and provided plenty of light when shadows darkened my path.

Off in the distance lightning flashes caused me to quicken my paces and cut the fun short. Had it been 1860 something I probably would have navigated just fine but it was nice to have a pair of modern fires on sticks with me.
    John 3:16

SureFire Tactician ~

Checking damage last night at my 3rd Shift job, from the hurricane that passed through New York City.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    SureFire Tactician ~

Checking damage last night at my 3rd Shift job, from the hurricane that passed through New York City.
    I may have asked before, but how do you like the Tactician?

Last night I used my Haiku to charge up some GITD beads.
    Also used it to hunt for spider webs on the ceilings at home. All nice and clean now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    My lightsWTB: Surefire: New/Used/Rare. Currently looking for everything Crosshairs + D2. Interesting trades available.Everybody, just send your lights directly to James - he'll end up with them anyhow, lol. -Kestrel

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    SureFire Tactician ~

Not to distract from the topic but I hope nobody was hurt.

Mostly to see in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmtl514 View Post
    I may have asked before, but how do you like the Tactician?
    Absolutely excellent. I love it. However, it was not the right job for the MaxVision beam. I had to get up closer than I was really comfortable with, to do a proper assessment of the damages. That's not a knock against the light. I just really needed one with a good combination of both flood and throw for that particular task. If flood is the main thing you need, the Tactician is just plain awesome.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonWrangler View Post
    Not to distract from the topic but I hope nobody was hurt.
    Thankfully no.

As bad as the damages were, the gate to the main entrance turned out to be on a street that a few yards down.... had a massive tree which snapped in half and was blocking both lanes of the street. Again, no one injured. Not even one car damaged.

Finally used my Lumintop B01 on a small test ride just now. The beam profile on it is excellent, covers the whole street side-to-side and has very proper illumination for urban cycling on Medium mode.

I've actually had this light for almost a year now, but could never use it before because a) I lived in a very dodgy wooded part of town near a creek so night riding was out of the question, and b) my old 26er's handlebars were too short, so the cockpit was too cramped - whatever side I mounted it, a brake or shifter cable would get in its way and it couldn't sit at any angle that wasn't "monkey hunting" (beam pointed up at the treetops).

Now I have a huge 29er fit for my size, with nice wide bars. With the saddle I put on it and the B01 as a headlight, it owes nothing to the feel of a motorcycle. It was just a quick lap around the block before the evening shower, but gosh darn it am I STOKED now!

Flashaholic*

currently torture testing my brass Peak Eiger in the washing machine.

Hope I didn't break it.....

Quote Originally Posted by AMD64Blondie View Post
    currently torture testing my brass Peak Eiger in the washing machine.

Hope I didn't break it.....
    The light, or the washing machine?

I used a Surefire Titan Plus AAA flashlight to see how much milk remained in a plastic gallon jug. The milk jug was opaque and shining the 300 lumen flashlight on one side showed the fluid level. I've done the same thing for other liquids in opaque plastic bottles.
    Retired engineer, author. Running Linux.

I used my PD36R to examine a dead network jack at a security guard's desk.

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
    Mostly to see in the dark.
    This with the occasional use as a hammer or a throwing star.

Testing new cells to make sure they fit, and function properly.

Last night I dropped my PD36R on the floor and it rolled and disappeared under some furniture. So I pulled out my PD35 to look for the PD36. Found it! And that was my moment of Zen for the day.

spent the afternoon cleaning up a lifegear 6c that got alky-leaked and charging up some replacement batteries. trying to go through my lights and removing all the alky-leaks before they do their damage in my treasures...
    it's just different on my planet..

Today I noticed a MAJOR new WASP NEST
    under construction high in my garage !

So I waited until DARK, and used a brand-new
    aerosol can of Raid Wasp & Hornet Killer
    to spray the crap outta' them ! ! !

No lights in my garage, so used my
    ZebraLight SC64c LE for a Great View !

* SUCCESS * ! ! !

_

I just let some of mine run until the batteries go empty, then recharge and repeat. Kinda bored during this lockdown and there is something so special about unleashing JUICY LUMENS for no good reason. Also, one of my flashlights has a USB output so I connected a USB hub to it in order to connect some USB powered lighting equipment to it to get more lumens out of said flashlight.

Stepped out into my back yard to try out a new light with a thrower beam. Three doors down used to think "oh crap it's the cops". Now they know it's me trying out another new light.
    A 1x 123 SOG DE-01 that maxes out at 188 lumens easily lights up the length of a football field while providing a nice spill.

Another reason my favorite LED is still the XPG.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 09-09-2020 at 10:21 PM.

Recharged a couple of generic AAAs that came with the latest version of the 4Sevens Preon II that I got a little while back. Good penlight, overall.

Page 276 of 277 FirstFirst ... 176226266269270271272273274275276277 LastLast