Acebeam        
Page 275 of 275 FirstFirst ... 175225265268269270271272273274275
Results 8,221 to 8,241 of 8241

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

I used my PD36R to navigate through an unlit portion of a steam tunnel.

I took my friend out to the restaurant he preferred for his birthday dinner this afternoon with another friend.

At one point we were talking about flashlights for about 45-seconds because I’ve gifted them lights at Christmas over the years and I had just asked if they had any flashlight stories, when suddenly, at exactly 5:05 p.m. the power went out!

It was pitch black!

Everyone froze in their seats like mannequins not knowing if the light would return to as they realized it would be quite difficult and treacherous to exit their seat to navigate in the dark around other unseen chairs and blurry aisles to where the sun shone quite brightly outside.

The silence was deafening when everyone realized there was no emergency back-up lighting for this totally unanticipated overwhelming darkness.

Immediately, I unclipped my Olight Desert Tan i3T EOS from my left shirt pocket, beamed it up to the ceiling, and then waved its 180-lumens slowly from left to right. I could hear an audible sigh of astonishment as they became bathed with its light. Or was it relief?

I was a hero!

It felt great to defy the sudden darkness.

The i3T did a superb job, instantly annihilating the molecules of darkness faster than a light saber cuts through butter.

What a feeling!

But only for 3.5 seconds because it was then that the power came back on.

Sigh.

Why does it ALWAYS have to happen this way?

Don’t we all LIVE for moments like this, to be SOME kind of hero, especially if the masses become converted after having previously looked at us strangely for even having ONE light on our person?

Note to self: next time make sure one of the three lights on my person tail stands so eating could resume unencumbered with both hands free!

But no big deal because my birthday friend had his Christmas tailstanding gift on his keychain, a pretty blue Lumintop EDC01 that we would have employed if need be.

In case you are wondering, on a lanyard in my right pocket, I had the Nitecore Tini (380-lumens tops) and a Tube as auxiliaries.

Let there ALWAYS be light!

And THAT is how I used my flashlight today.
    Last edited by LetThereBeLight!; 03-08-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Enlightened

I used my Led Lenser P7R to look for my Nitecore TipCree under the sofa and behind furniture, which if I hadn't owned, I wouldn't have had to look for. So there we have it. Flashlights are really useful to look for lost flashlights.

I used my flashlight to accidently blind myself.
    Working on a tiny broken on/off switch on a laser engraver control board I wanted light to investigate the tiny parts, pieces and the point they fasten to. Magnifier in one hand I needed more light so I grabbed the closest one near me. Some kind of police scanner brand or something that belongs to one of the kids and comes on high and goes to strobe before turning off. It took about 4.2 seconds to decide that one was not going to do. So I grabbed one off my dresser in the next room. One that starts on high.

Using that one near shiney objects I was working on, it too caused me to see spots from starting on high. Holy crap, now those blue spots are making the tiny objects fuzzy. I got my stuff together after a few minutes of trial and error at assembling the tiny pieces consisting of a tiny but stiff spring, a tiny button and button retainer frame until success, then once assembled it was time to attempt to insert the tiny assembly into position, but being an on/off switch there were tiny contact points the magnifier had made a lot more visible. If only it were a little brighter… turn flashlight back on. Sheez-all-mighty it was on high again! More blue spots.

Now by this time stubborn had set in. Man I was going to get that sucker back together if it killed me. Turn light off and poke pieces into their fasten point and "booooiinnng" it goes flying across the room. Dratz! A few minutes later the parts were found and attempt #2 would take place with a little less shadow. Turn on light, dammit it's on high again. More blue spots. Look, being a flashaholic means I have an assortment of lights able to serve the purpose without the self blinding issue, but I was in stubborn mode. Maybe crazy mode? You know, doing the same stupid thing but expecting a different result? So while searching the room for tiny parts that sprang away for the 4th time Mrs. Fixer announces "I just bought another control board at Amazon and it'll be here tomorrow".

Partial relief was felt, but I am bound and determined to fix that darm switch. Yet part of me is thinking the more pleasing idea is to soak it in lighter fluid, strike a match and watch the golden embers glow like a flickering incan flashlight in a metal bucket out in the backyard this weekend. Yet I won't because the "fixer" in me wants to bypass the switch and install a toggle switch.……
    John 3:16

Flashaholic*

Been using my Olight S1R II Ti and my Zebralight SC700d for EDC duty.

(The Olight is smaller,and easier to get out of my pocket quickly when crossing streets..but it's nice to know I have the added brightness of my SC700d sitting in my other front jeans pocket.)

They're mostly used to help me get to work,as I work the morning shift part-time.(8:00 AM to 11:30 AM,usually).

Having rechargable lights(or batteries) makes using them so much easier..as I don't have to worry about constantly replacing primary batteries.

Yesterday at work (which is mostly deserted and shut down due to the virus) I decided I wanted to locate a roof access hatch that I might need to use in the near future. I took my trusty PD36R with me as I walked over to the pertinent building, thinking I would do some exploring. When I walked in, everything was dark and I decided against the expedition in spite of carrying my pocket rocket.

Unenlightened

Used my SC64 to sort through some tools in the garage, about as exciting as it gets at the moment locked down!

Still h2r every day of the week bar weekend
    Today swapping a G shock battery, grabbed the SPA 219c 5k to see the blasted cell clip to undo

Pocket for this evening is the 319a defender

Whenever I work with things that have really tiny screws around a few millimeters, ultimately one of those screws will fly off the table and disappear into an alternate dimension where they are presumably hanging out with my missing socks. This happened to me again the other day so I turned on my PD36R and held it parallel to the floor while scanning the carpet. That screw stood out on the carpet like a sore thumb.

Yesterday I was working in the basement of a new building under construction. I was in and out of the place a couple of times, and as I went back in again through the garage I thought "hmm, this is darker than I remember." When I went through the door into the main building it was pitch black. Turns out there was an area wide power outage. Fortunately my trusty PD36R got me through the dark hallways, up the dark stairs and back outside into the sunshine safely.

There are moments like these when the light of day feels particularly good.

I just used a 2aa energizer tailcap knurlings to scratch my back. You know, that spot 6mm out of reach?

It sets on a coffee table in my den and while sitting on the sofa that one place was driving me nuts. Reach for the itch only for it to move just beyond your finger tips. Adjust arm and again the itch moves just beyond reach. The third time it happened……alright, that's it. Grab flashlight. Take that stupid itch.

Flashaholic*

Byk, here in La la land when experiencing persistent itching that could be a bad sign of something seriously wrong 🕷 /-:

Not long after I went in the ocean I told my doctor about an itchy spot over my eye. He looked at it and asked if I had recently been in the Atlantic ocean. "Why yes" I said. He gave me a sample tube of anti fungal creme and a prescription for a larger tube in case I decided to return. I decided that between jellyfish, sharks and now a skin rash that's the man in the big wave in the sky telling me not to surf anymore.

But todays itch is from feeding the mosquitos lately. They're baaaaaack.

Used my EagTac D25 AAA Mini UV to help me find the Vitamin D3 gelcap I dropped. The gelcap is golden in color under normal incandescent lighting. I didn’t brightly glow under UV, but it stood out from the blonde hardwood floor.
    Enjoy the light show - LedTed

Unenlightened

10-year-old Inova X1

Found the dog’s ball under the couch.

Where did he leave the other one?
    P
    "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.

Used my FW3A to a read manual...for a ring light.

Yesterday late in the evening, my daughter and her two kids went for a walk in the neighborhood.
    She notice a small for a pit bull dog, with a red collar on going from one house to another, trying to get past the fence into the yard of each.

She thought the behavior was odd, and posted on a local facebook page what she observed.

The response from another member was an OMG, my friend is looking for her dog since this morning.

My daughter and the kids, came home and grabbed a few flashlights, and joined the search, by 10:30 PM, the owner called off the search, planning to start again at daylight.

They found him around 4:00 PM today.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Working on a small shelf under the basement stairs, i deemed it the proper time to try out my nebo larry trio as a useful addition to my collection of other useful additions. It did get tested for durability with a couple chest high falls to a cement floor with no issues at all. No flicker, no ding, no scuff or issue at all. Like the light, bright and adjustable, sturdy, rechargeable laser/cat toy.
    it's just different on my planet..

Flashaholic*

Since COVID work from home started in March, I've gotten in to the habit of not turning lights on if I'm the only one in a room. There's plenty of ambient light from the windows for walking around, but I'm using my flashlight routinely to see details in shadowy areas.

Night shift security job. Used to have a young guy who was at least somewhat reliable at the vehicle patrol outdoors. I work indoors. Last three days.... Streamlight PolyTac LED flashlight (rated 600 lumens version). Used it to check the outer perimeter fence line. Used it when one of the two new drivers called to say he was running very late, so I did his job for him and went to unlock the gates. First one, no problem. The other one, problem!

So seems some idiot who wasn't paying attention, crashed into it. Several days ago. Based on the damage, the idiot was in the parking lot, trying to exit. Nevermind that another gate literally just a few yards down that exits onto the very same street is kept wide open 24/7, each day of the year. So I'm trying to open a slightly warped gate, when the rollers refuse to engage at all. Out comes my SL to get a really good look at the sides of the gate. Damage even worse than the front. Lovely! Come to find out from another security officer that the young driver knew about the damaged gate. But never bothered to tell me.

This was very early Monday morning. He sounded hung over when he called. Said he's running late. Turned out, he never showed. Manager, supervisor; no one can find him. I doubt he met with foul-play. More than likely, he partied all weekend (no vehicle patrol on the weekends), usual, stupid, stereotypical stuff you expect from someone his age. Overslept. Then decided he'd rather continue to be lazy than bother doing his job properly. So, most likely he decided to quit, without telling anyone of course, and is just not answering his phone. Sadly the above is very common in the security industry with younger individuals who don't take work seriously.

Then after that, whoever they got to fill in for him, brought the security SUV's clip-board inside the building for some bizarre reason. So, it's sitting at the desk all day long. None of my other co-workers apparently had time to grab the keys out of the lock-box, walk outside literally a few feet away to the SUV, unlock the door, and toss it inside. So, I took care of it. SL came out again in the pitch black vehicle interior to make sure the clip-board ended up on the driver's seat instead of the floorboard.

It's come in rather handy. Though as a clip-carried light, the head on the 600 lumens version of this light is just a bit too big.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Page 275 of 275 FirstFirst ... 175225265268269270271272273274275