I goes to the Super K

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I was looking for containers, and I comes across the flashlight isle. I decides to look em over since I have'nt been in a Kmart in a few years , and I gots a flashlight bug up my azzz. I see nuttin new so I begins to move on to accomplish my goal (containers), but for out of the corner of mine eyes...I see's something different. A flashlight all by it's lonesome on the top shelf.

It's an Emerson, It's got a funny shape with lotsa buttons....Hmmmm...interesting. It's also a blinking flashlight....neat!, but wait! theres more...It's also an AM FM radio...Kool!.....Oh my!..You can swith it over to a siren sound!! WOW!.....
Huh?....It's a rechargable?!....Has a plugin for headphones?! Youzer!.....Theres solar cells for recharging also?!...
Ya gotsta be kiddin!...No way!....It has a dynamo generator?!!
A backup compartment for three extra AA batteries?! ....It's rainproof?!...Holy $H!T!!

I looks to see what the price is...None to be found. So I decides to go to checkout for a price check ( I figers $30) and debate if it's worth it. I asks the guy with missin teeth at the register to checks the price of this find. He scanzit... He says a dolla ninety! I looks at da screen ... yep dolla ninety. I says - you sure you wants to sell me dat for one ninety? He sez ...dats the price. I sez .............K! (As in Super K!)

ESR220.jpg

I gets to my vehicle fergettin completely about containers to inspect my prize, and tune into the song ( Yer just to good to be true).
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Here are some specs

Flashlight alone - Built in battery fully charged 40 to 50 minutes. Backup batteries 2 1/2 hours.

Radio alone - Charged up... 12 to 14 hours. Backup batteries 18 to 24 hours.

Flashing light and siren - 60 minutes. Backup batteries 2 1/2 hours.

Charging time with solar cells 4 hours on a clear and sunny day.

Dynamo generator - Crank clockwise 2 to 3 minutes. This will charge the unit enough to play the radio for 15 minutes. The flashlight and siren will run for about 4 to 5 minutes.

This thing is well built - They even put rubber plugs in where the screw holes are. The battery compartment has a rubber seal. The lens and cap has a seal. The solar cells are sealed off. I'm going to assume the speaker is plastic, and sealed at the contact point with the body also.

There is space behind that light. Do I hear mod?
I'm gonna pop a 5 watter in there fer sure. Room for a sink too. It will run on a 9 volt transistor through a momentary switch - Seperate from the rest of the unit. It will be used primarily to light up areas of interest for short periods of time - No more than two - maybe 3 minutes continuous run time. The circuit for the stock bulb would be used to run some nichias ( I think )
wink.gif

Heres where I'm at a loss though, and maybe the whole thing will get nixed. The stock bulb is rated at 2.2 volts .25 amps. What led if any will run on this voltage, and could multiple LEDs be used?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I'm sure this was a blue light special with a very very small window of opportunity.
grin.gif
I could only argue with Bucky at the checkout fer so long.
frown.gif

The price online is $29. Kmar might possibly has it for $24.95. Perhaps a decimal was missed $19.95.

Bout the only thing I don't like is the light, but that'll change soon enough.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought one of these today, thought I'd post a few pictures in case anyones interested:

fcfd2a3a.jpg

The Controls:
fcfd2a35.jpg

Dynamo Handle:
fcfd2a32.jpg

And finally a beam shot (It really needs a LED mod)
fcfd2a2e.jpg

BTW No bargain deals over here in the UK, this one cost me £12
smile.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah I give up
mad.gif

I'll swap them all over to Imagestation tomorrow...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Now the pics are back...."Now you see them, now you don't!"

Are you related to David Copperfield or David Blaine?

grin.gif

bucken

Enlightened
FWIW... Was in Ohio yesterday for Turkey Day. They made me run out to get some extra plastic forks & spoons. I dropped into a local Dollar General store and noticed that they were selling this exact same light for $5. There were about 6 or 7 setting on the shelf.