Will the LX2 fit in VLTOR offset Mount?

rejeme

Newly Enlightened
Looking to get a weapon mount for my LX2. The Vltor Off-Set fits the G2 and the 6P. The LX2 seem to be in between the E series and the G2. Anybody have any experience?

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vltor makes 3 different sized standard mount rings, but only two sizes for the "Offset mount" but it has more adjustment so can accomodate the CK-G sized lights with one model, and E series with the other. I have two of the standard mount rings.... one for 6P (1.010-1.016), and another that is a little bigger for the G2 (1.025-1.040). The third one is smaller to fit "E" surefires (.810-.826)as I recall. Have you gone to their website? They give dimensions of the ring I.D. Sorry I cannot help with more info on the offset mounts.

http://www.vltor.com/vltor-mountables.htm

Last edited:

rejeme

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I've checked out the dimensions of the various mounts. I have a VLTOR scout mount (the basic non-offset type) for the E-series. It is a hair to small for the LX2. The next size up (can I call it "medium") seems to be a bit big since I estimate the LX2 to be about .90". Let us know your results bullettproof. Which size did you order?

dss_777

Enlightened
Right in line with your experience, Surefire lists the E lights as having a .80" body diameter, and the LX2 as .86". It's a strange body diameter, shared only by the LX1 and the A2L apparently.

I have the VTAC light mount. It's plastic, and fits both the G2/6P and E size lights (with the sleeve). I measured the sleeve at .82", and I'm not sure the plastic is flexible enough to accomodate the larger LX2 body.

BTW, I've since switched to G2/M61 and the DCC mount. An awesome piece of kit!

http://www.dangercloseconsulting.com/lowpro-g2--flashlight-moun2.html

Maybe they can make you something that'll work?

rejeme

Newly Enlightened
bullettproof, did you get a chance to try out your light/mount combo?