how did he get one in textured reflector on the R5?

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it is a european site so they may market a different config for them. Or he may have been able to swap reflectors from a different light. :shrug:

Hacken

Enlightened
Well it is a european site so they may market a different config for them. Or he may have been able to swap reflectors from a different light. :shrug:

EURO and other countries always get the better stuff just like CARS.

Batou00159

Enlightened
some companies do do them in OP in england to but they are hard to find.

But some other companies do difrences like hiennie dose the e3p in a smooth only

ect,ect

Last edited:

Hacken

Enlightened
i want one in OP but i don't think i would want to pay some dude 100bucks to do it. oh well..smooth that is then i guess.. or maybe i should wait in case Fenix decides to manufacture ones with OP reflector and then i will be stuck with the smooth.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a thread somewhere here on CPF on how to stiple a reflector yourself.

A search may help you find it.

Just a suggestion...good luck!

carrot

Flashaholic
I seem to recall some kind of Krylon clear paint being the popular choice to make an OP reflector.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
i want one in OP but i don't think i would want to pay some dude 100bucks to do it. oh well..smooth that is then i guess.. or maybe i should wait in case Fenix decides to manufacture ones with OP reflector and then i will be stuck with the smooth.

Do you have "cree rings" with the smooth? If you don't the smooth will give you more light than an OP reflector.

Hacken

Enlightened
Do you have "cree rings" with the smooth? If you don't the smooth will give you more light than an OP reflector.

I didn't buy the R5 yet but judging on what I saw in the review videos on youtube it didn't seem to have that big of a donut ring around it compare to the regular TK11 and T20C2 I have. I have the R2 too and the the shots on a white wall is nice with no sort of ring around it.

I was just wondering about the OP reflector since I came across a latin review video on the R5 with the textured reflector instead of the smooth. I guess I'll order the R5 tomorrow and see how it turns out. I guess it never hurts to try.. lol