AAA/10440 light with long warranty?

BarryG

Enlightened
I just purchased an IlluminaTi to carry as a back-up. I liked the AAA size for not noticing it till it was needed in the event that my main EDC failed. I couldn't find any warranty info included with the light, so I sent an email to B.J. and was told that they give a 30 day warranty and it also had a mfr 6 month warranty.

I think ITP/Maratac gives 1 yr, Preon has 10 yr, Eiger has lifetime

Does anyone know of another quality AAA that small with a long warranty?

Anyone know the runtime of the Eiger #7 with Ni-Mh?:thinking:

I love the form and function of the IlluminaTi, don't get me wrong. Just looking for something with a better warranty.

Thanks,
Barry

SirJohn

Newly Enlightened
Re: aaa/10440 with long warranty?

ITP is actually 18 months. Fenix is 2 years. Eagletac has a lifetime warranty so you could get the PN20a. Not sure if you can use 10440 in it.

BarryG

Enlightened

I had forgotten about the EagleTac. They seem to have a strong following here.

Anyone own both the Fenix and EagleTac? Which do you prefer?

Cole07

Enlightened

I had forgotten about the EagleTac. They seem to have a strong following here.

Anyone own both the Fenix and EagleTac? Which do you prefer?
Actually I think iTP has 2 years. :poke:

BarryG

Enlightened

I may be getting excited for no reason, has anyone even had a failure with an IlluminaTi?

Or maybe just looking for a reason to buy another light:whistle:

Dan FO

Enlightened

Now problems with my IlluminaTi, it's been flawless.

BarryG

Enlightened

Peak's website gives the output for the Eiger but no runtimes, anyone know of a chart that has them?

I've been thinking about a Fenix LD01 and Preon too, I might have to order them all, isn't that what a flashaholic would do?:naughty:

Last edited:

rider

Newly Enlightened

Peak's website gives the output for the Eiger but no runtimes, anyone know of a chart that has them?

I've been thinking about a Fenix LD01 and Preon too, I might have to order them all, isn't that what a flashaholic would do?:naughty:

The problem with getting Peak runtimes is that they support so many types and counts of batteries, plus multiple emitter currents, that it's impossible for them to have a comprehensive list. You might find some basic runtime numbers in the Peak Eiger thread , but that is for the Rebel emitter, not the current XP-G, so runtimes should be longer than stated there.

You'll note that you can get an Eiger in eight different levels with battery tube options for a single AAA, double AAA, 10180, 10280, and the light can run with lithium, alkaline, NiMH, or LiIon (10440) batteries- that's something like 70 or more emitter and battery combinations. :)

BarryG

Enlightened

That's a lot of battery options!!! I had been thinking of the aaa, #7, with Ni-Mh, but didn't have any idea of runtimes. I'll check the Peak section and see what I can find.

Thanks for pointing me to the thread.:twothumbs

BarryG

Enlightened
I cleaned the contacts for about 5 min. and it started working again. :ohgeez:I guess it had more build-up than I thought. I hated to say anything about B.J., I have been ordering from them for years and never a problem. I have sent friends there to order and never a problem with anything.

I might start cleaning the contacts once a month to keep it working properly.

Barry

LotusDarkrose

Newly Enlightened
*From 4Sevens Website*

"4Sevens Warranty 4Sevens warrants its products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship. We will repair or replace, at our option, without charge, any product or part which is found to be defective under normal use and service within 120 months from the date of purchase with proof of purchase. Such repair or replacement shall be the purchaser's sole and exclusive remedy under this warranty.
This warranty does not cover normal maintenance and service and does not apply to any products or parts which have been subject to modification, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident, or improper maintenance or repair by anyone other than 4Sevens"

BarryG

Enlightened
Just a little update.... over 2 years later and my IlluminaTi is still going strong. It is used every night and have had no more issues. If you are on the fence about buying one, it is well worth it!
Thanks batteryjunc for a great light, sorry I got excited in the first post, didn't mean to bash.

Barry