When has having your flashlight hindered you?

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know we all love our lights, but from time to time I've found that they have hindered me in some way.

-Once my front pocket clipped E1b scratched a wall door way when I passed through it.
-I sometimes worry about getting into a club because I'm carrying my light.
-It makes pulling things (my phone) from my pocket more difficult.

All said and done I still EDC a light and I wouldn't have it any other way.

cityevader

Enlightened
When I have to fish it out of a coolant or oil bucket or engine compartment because it fell out of breast pocket when leaning over.

When bills cut money close at the end of the month because I bought a few lights the wife doesn't know about.

When using a handheld light when can't find the headlight, and need both hands to work but one is holding the light.

Kraid

Enlightened
Hmm, the closest thing I can think of is when I signaled to a friend where my table was at the Tilted Kilt in San Diego. Almost got throw out because that is how the bouncers signal each other. :oops:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 4D and 3D cell Maglites were unwieldy and they dented and scraped furniture and kitchen cabinets when I carried them inside the house. I enjoy smaller flashlights now.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep a D10 and a Skeletool CX clipped to my front left pocket, and they hinder me every time I go to grab my keys out of that pocket (which have a LM Micra and a Fenix L0D on them, of course). Makes leaning over to tie my shoes pretty hard sometimes too. Wouldn't stop carrying any of them.

Now if I could just figure out a way to keep the Skeletool from rubbing the anodizing off the D10...

KuKu427

Enlightened
Kraid, I found out the hard way not to use flashlights to signal in clubs/bars because the girls look at you funny and the bouncers come over with their dimmer-but-significantly-more-useful-as-impact-weapons-M*gs... :poke:

Last edited:

jcw122

Enlightened
Good thread idea...I've only been hindered when I need to really fill my pockets more than usual because I hate putting anything in my flashlight pocket. Most of the time I'm OK tho.

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dont ever walk to the Dance-Hall in the dark then put your torch in your pocket.

Some girls don't like smooching with a guy with the torch in his trouser pocket ... On the other hand some do.

mrartillery

Enlightened
I carry a E2D in my side pocket on my thigh (carpenter style pants), set down in my truck not thinking and ripped a hole in the seat because of the sharp cren bezel. :whistle:

GeetarHero

Newly Enlightened
Only on a couple of dates... The girls thought that I was some kind of survivalist wacko! My current Girlfriend said we wouldn't be dating if I had pulled it out on our first date but when she dropped her Mac lipstick in a dim restauraunt a few weeks ago she said, "Baby, help me find it with your flashlight!" Score one for ALL us CPF'ers!!!

Mikeg23

Enlightened
Not specifically a flashlight but all of the stuff I carry two knives, two flashlights, one or two guns, cell phone keys, spare lithium ion battery, etc... Can be a hinderence when relaxing on the couch with my fiancé or if anything is on my belt she has me move it or take it off to get on the motorcycle... Unfortunately I don't have that problem anymore as the bike is gone.

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not specifically a flashlight but all of the stuff I carry two knives, two flashlights, one or two guns, cell phone keys, spare lithium ion battery, etc... Can be a hinderence when relaxing on the couch with my fiancé or if anything is on my belt she has me move it or take it off to get on the motorcycle... Unfortunately I don't have that problem anymore as the bike is gone.

Man , you got rid of the wrong thing.

DM51

Flashaholic
Some girls don't like smooching with a guy with the torch in his trouser pocket ... On the other hand some do
Now steady on there, Mr. march.brown - this isn't the sort of behavior we associate with grandfathers/OAPs, LOL :nana:

bobjane

Enlightened
Carring a light clipped to the right front pocket.

I've brushed the pocket clip against my car a few times and that's always made me wince. Both for the light and for the car.

It also hogs up that pocket because I'm reluctant to carry anything in the same pocket as the light.