What's the closest to a QMini-123 with a FORWARD CLICKY?

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
I detest twisties. (for my EDC)

But the Quark Mini 123 had so much going for it I bought it. First twisty for me. Well, the light is awesome. But I desire one handed operability in my EDC.

IMO twisty = two handed operation. I want a button.

So it comes down to the title question: What's the closest thing to the Quark Mini 123 out there that uses a forward clicky? Actually, I'd possibly even consider a reverse clicky if that's the only alternative, that'd be better than any twisty...

As in:

1. Size
2. Output levels
3. Pricing (but I'd pay up to a hundred bucks for the "right light"

Yeah, I guess I'm being lazy here, but then again I'm sure there's no shortage of potential replies around here from people who already have something to say lol!

Oh, I should say that I'd even be open to CR2, again for the "right light".

Also, the switch could be anywhere on the light. Tailcap switch would be preferable, but any way to get out of "twistyland" is the real goal here...

ky70

Banned
In the forward clicky department, the only smallish forward clicky that I can think of is the lumapower incendio V3. I enjoyed this light but the LED went poof on me after about 1 month.

If you widen your net to include lights other than forward clickys, then I think the zebralight SC30 is a great option with 193 lumens on high and only .2 inches longer than the mini. Another good zebralight option is the H31 which is 2.57 inches (like the SC30) and has a XP-G R5 which puts out 220 lumens on high. Now the H31 is a headlamp with a 90 degree forward facing LED but I plan to EDC this light as it comes with a removable pocket clip.

Last edited:

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
In the forward clicky department, the only smallish forward clicky that I can think of is the lumapower incendio V3. I enjoyed this light but the LED went poof on me after about 1 month.

If you widen your net to include forward clickys, then I think the zebralight SC30 is a great option with 193 lumens on high and only .2 inches longer than the mini. Another good zebralight option is the H31 which is 2.57 inches (like the SC30) and has a XP-G R5 which puts out 220 lumens on high. Now the H31 is a headlamp with a 90 degree forward facing LED but I plan to EDC this light as it comes with a removable pocket clip.

Did you mean to say "If you widen your net to include REVERSE clickies" there? It's not an impossibility, and thanks for the two recommendations...

copperfox

Enlightened
The first thing that popped into my head was the Quark 123 Tactical, clipless. Sure it's a little bigger than the mini and it has a different UI, but it's a good light. It has an even wider range of brightnesses than the mini and that same great 4-7s build quality.

seahunt

Enlightened
Second the Lumapower Incendio, very soon to be available
with xp-g/R5 from the Intersection of Batteries.
Fwd clicky, simple UI and just flat handy.
Regards, Chuck lovecpf

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened

Ragiska

Flashaholic*
Did you mean to say "If you widen your net to include REVERSE clickies" there? It's not an impossibility, and thanks for the two recommendations...

well, the sc30 is neither forward or reverse. it's an electronic switch with a unique (and fantastic IMO) UI.

Ragiska

Flashaholic*

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Another suggestion for the Lumapower Incendio.
It is very, very compact for a clicky & a quality light with great service.

Output is very good on 16340's also.

Have not owned one, but the Zebra SC30 looks like a winner also.

Last edited:

ky70

Banned

Yes, I meant reverse...though Ragiska makes an important point that the zebralight lights are neither forward or reverse.

ky70

Banned
It's not ideal, but you could try to lego your mini-123 head with a clicky body from another torch, as in this thread

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/257484

I'd love to find a clicky body that would fit on my ww mini-aa :)

Yeah, I sometimes lego my mini with an Aurora CR2 light...having a clicky really does improve this light (IMO).

DSCF6347.jpg