Small but wierd Windows XP problem

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
When viewing all the installed programs under the all programs listing, it displays the installed programs in column format unless the option is changed to scrolling under the start menu options. In the case of viewing 800x600, it will provide three columns. The trouble is once the three columns are full, you can not see any more of the installed programs (it goes in alphabetical order). In other words, the screen appears fixed with no arrows or other methods to see the rest of the programs in another column. I recently have been fooling around with Opera, an alternative browser, and I see the same thing for their bookmark settings. They are also listed in column form and exhibit the same symptoms in that I can only see the first three columns worth. I can increase the screen resolution and hence get more columns to appear but the same thing still applies in that once the appeared screen columns are full, you can not see the rest of the programs

Any idea why? I can get around it by grouping programs into folders but would rather try to get it right.