SureFire Now Has A Banner

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
I saw it! Very cool and professionally made. Now lets just hope they can get a representative here so we can have Surefire forums!

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
hawkhkg11,

I don't think we'll see from SureFire the kind of presence that Arc has. I think that Peter Gransee is here simply because he loves the flashlight world. We luck out on that.

But the fact that SureFire is willing to add a bit to CPF coffers, whatever that amount might be, is a generous gesture that will always be in the back of my mind.

Paul

LightChucker

Enlightened
PaulW,

Thanks for the headsup on the Surefire banner. Here is a copy of the note I sent to their VP of Sales and Marketing:

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to say that I appreciate Surefire's recent sponsorship of the Candlepower Forums.

I first learned about Surefire flashlights by reading other people's personal experiences and recommendations on the CPF. In fact, I have purchased 2 Surefires in the last 2 months - the E1e and the L4. That reminds me that I would not have even known about the E1e or the L4 had I not been a member of the CPF. I have read comments that the L4 has only been released to a small group of people so far, and we appreciate that CPF dealers were some of the first to offer the L4.

Surefire has always been one of the most popular lights among the members of CPF. As you read through the various discussions about all kinds of flashlights - including both commercial and homemade - you will notice that someone will always ask how a particular flashlight compares to say the E2e or the L4.

Again, thank you for the support, and we welcome you aboard!

Chuck Decker

[/ QUOTE ]

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha,

I had no idea. There's a lot of important information in the archives. Perhaps I'll gradually assimilate some of it.

Again, thanks SureFire.

Paul

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have one of those CPF-50 SureFire G2 flashlights, so I know for 100% sure they were made. I really don't use mine much, because it's a keepsake.

cpfg2-1.jpg

Here's a picture of it so you know I ain't just joshing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
I have one of those too... and I do use mine... to make the dogs freak out chasing the beam... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

MicroE

Enlightened
Let's see, I own an A2, G2, C2, Z3, L4, E2e-HA (x2), E2e-SG (x2), KL1 (x2), plus batteries, lamp assemblies, etc. etc., etc........

I think that I personally paid for the banner! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif--Marc

P.S.--Yeah, I know, my SF collection pales by comparison to some in CPF.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Is the man being cryptic this eve or am I more obtuse than usual? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a second there I thought David was about to say:

"What I want to know is... can we have a Surefire forum ?"

Sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif Sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif Sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

Only joking, PLEASE don't ban me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
x-ray
whip2.gif

Just so you guys know that I have tried... here is the reply that I just got last week:

[ QUOTE ]
As to the forum, I will get back to you. A good idea and a generous offer, but we may not be able to spare the manpower it deserves at this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT THIS AGAIN!!! </font>

I just wanted you all to know that I am trying. So leave it at that... ok? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif

Floating Spots

Enlightened
Now what a coincidence.
I entered this thread and the Surefire banner is at the top with an A2.
I just recently purchased an A2.
Must be good luck.
Must buy more Surefires.......

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
...what color is Al's hair?

I want the same thing as all you all. An SF Forum. But I know no more or less than the regular member.

I have seen some troubles in various forums in the past. So SF is shy to dive back in. Hopefully in the future we'll have official representation. Until then, public speculation is best kept to a minimum.