Quark 123² Warm tint, color shifting?

ODatsBright

Newly Enlightened
I searched a few times but didn't hit on anything specific to this issue. I got a warm white Quark just recently and it seemed to have a really warm (very orange) tint, however, it appears to have shifted a bit to the whiter side??? The tint now is exceptional!! Right where I would have pictured it from the charts. Would the phosphor "burn in" or "settle in" after some use to the intended color? Seems to me that it would have to have been tested for binning.

Has anyone experienced this or are my eyes just adjusting to the tint or something. It seems odd but I'm pleased; just hope it doesn't continue to shift or degrade.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dunno. maybe it's your eyes adjusting.
i too had the first feeling of too orange when getting the warm white but now i like it. go figure.
i'm not sure if there is a change in the tint.

Viper715

Enlightened
I've noticed my eyes tend to adapt to whatever light I am using. Most lights after some use appear to be about the same to me. Only when comparing one to another do I tend to see a difference. i.e.. Starting with a cool white and then comparing it to a Neutral 5A tint the cool appears very blue. Then compare 5A to 7D and the 5A may seem green where it originally was very neutral with no unwanted color but there it is. Then compare 7D to incan and there again a pleasing beam of the 7D looks like hell compared to a P60 lamp from surefire. Our eyes adjust and adapt. Just my experience YMMV!