Surefire Host For An M61

Agile54

Newly Enlightened
My searchfu is weak, could have sworn I've seen a thread addressing

this question, need some recs. for a SF host for my M61? FWIW already

predisposed to the Z2 as I've been running a Z2 for some 10+ yrs w/ a HG.

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
My searchfu is weak, could have sworn I've seen a thread addressing

this question, need some recs. for a SF host for my M61? FWIW already

predisposed to the Z2 as I've been running a Z2 for some 10+ yrs w/ a HG.

Are you looking for aesthetic advice or technical?

BigChellis' numbers show you get less resistance with a McClicky tailcap than with a Surefire tailcap. Many Surefire hosts can be used with those though.

From an aesthetic point of view, I think you're the best judge of that. Personally I love how the Z2 looks though :thumbsup:

Congrats on bagging an M61 whatever you decide!

purelite

Enlightened
I wonder why the Z41 is higher resistance? I love the reliability of the z41 but wonder if its enough to make the change. I know Mclickys are one of the best clickys out there.

Condiser a basic 6p with a 1 cell extender. It allows multiple battery configs and the 2x18500 setup is nicely balanced and good run time with regulated output . Then you can switch to 1x18650 or 2xcr123 at a moments notice. The output with 1x18650 drops a bit after the cell voltage levels off but not too much .

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stick with the form you know, especially for business - the Z2 is always a good choice, in my opinion.

That's where mine is going. :grin2:

-Trevor

JCD

Enlightened
BigChellis' numbers show you get less resistance with a McClicky tailcap than with a Surefire tailcap.

I'm not so sure they show that.

To the OP: If you need a pocket clip, go with the C2. If you're motivated by aesthetics, the Z2 is my recommendation. If you are after versatility, then I would suggest a 6P with an A19 extender. There really isn't a bad option if you go with a SureFire host.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Z2 is great - any P/C/Z host is great...or do what I did for my P61: get the VME head and put it on a E2x host. It isn't shorter than a P/C/Z host (or not much), but I really like the slim body tube. :twothumbs