Lunis

Newly Enlightened
Hello, My name is Ryan, I live in Ontario Canada, i am 26 years old. I have always had a small collection of what i thought were good flashlights... Until a guy at work came in with a "Quark" from 4sevens.com...This was crazy!! this was only a few weeks ago unfortunately my standard for a good flashlight was a maglite... i couldn't believe how awesome the quark was, he turned me onto a guy on youtube named Nutnfancy, i watched a tonne of his videos and i am currently awaiting delivery of my very first REAL Flashlight....i ordered a Quark double A Squared Tactical R5, i am uber excited to get my new collection started, my next purchases will be a Preon 2 and a Fenix TA20... i plan on getting them from 4sevens.com aswell...

Some things that i am interested in are getting l.e.d upgrades for my two AA mini mag and my 3 D Maglite..

My hobbies and interests include Snowboarding, playing pool, and cars, i am married (one year this july) and i have a dog (jake) and a cat (J-lo...she came with that name)....thats about it!

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Ryan-hope your wife enjoys your new hobby as much as you will.

If you look at carrot's sig line above you will see a link called 'CPF Specials'.Click on it and you will find a list of discounts offered by many vendors including 4Sevens.Should save you a few bucks.

:welcome:

ASheep

Enlightened
4Sevens make some great lights, the Quarks are absolutely amazing, and the Preons are great for their size. Your wallet will hate you for finding this place! :devil::broke:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff makes a great drop for Mags. So good they are hard to get. You can see them here http://www.malkoffdevices.com/shop/dropin-mod-dropin-lamp-assembly-for-maglite-c-1_25.html

Neofab is working on 1000 and 1500 lumen drops too for Mags.

I use Nailbender a lot too. He does custom drops and other work too (he's currently modding my mag with a SST-90 :twothumbs). But he is just one of many great providers on here.

Good luck. Try and pace yourself. :naughty:

hugovg

Newly Enlightened
Hi also from a very first-time CPF poster.
Ditto with Maglite experience and soon to be posted Quark plus AW battery orders.

I was intially really keen on several Magilte upgrades I saw advertised, but after spending many many hours reading up on experiences of others (mainly CPF users), I think the conclusion for me will be ... NO! (well, I already bid & won a 140Lm Terralux upgrade module, but no more). The Malkoff looks great but too expensive for me.

Instead, a couple of Quarks will fit the bill I hope. Tough deciding on a single battery form-factor tho (CR123/16340/17670 vs AA/14500). The two new torches will be a pocket/EDC-size Q123 tactical (the MiNi123 loose-thread problem worries me), and a larger size 123-2 Turbo for better throw. Plus maybe a spare AA or AA-2 tube to allow AA's (or even AAAs)to be used in a emergency.

Good luck with your/our new hobby!